What did you cook or eat today (July 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was single in the mid-80’s, the snack bar at work had these frozen microwaveable chicken Kiev
Chicken Kiev in the UK was a chicken breast, bashed into a milanese/schnitzel, slathered with loads of butter and garlic, and then secured (usually with toothpicks) and fried.
Probably served with chips, although high-end restaurants might have used Uncle Ben's rice. :D :D

When I was single in the mid-80’s, the snack bar at work had these frozen microwaveable chicken Kiev and chicken cordon bleu things…they were new at the time.

I bet I spent a small fortune on those, they were so good. The butter (or cheese) would come out at about 1000F. I think from 1986-1990, I never had skin on the roof of my mouth.
I used to buy a box of the foodservice ones to bring home and would eat them on a burger bun with mayo, tomato and lettuce. You had to be careful taking the first bite because the garlic butter could squirt out and burn your lips or chin.

Probably served with chips, although high-end restaurants might have used Uncle Ben's rice. :D :D
So a few years ago, they decided "Uncle Ben's" was racist so they changed the name to "Ben's". I had a box in my pantry so I stuck it in a ziplock bag and put it in my pantry on the top shelf. Wonder if it will be worth something one day.

Out and about, a roast and potatoes. Excellent!
20240731_113043.jpg

I'm home again
Defrosted some meat, mixed cut.
Took 3 nice bony pieces and fed to the dogs. Remainder is on the stove.
I used some wine that I bought on special. Far too sweet for my taste. I am stewing the meat in this wine + lots of vinegar.
Garlic, bay leaves, mixed herbs, homemade mustard, paprika and brown onion powder.
At least that is what I thought I bought, but it is brown onion seasoning.
Luckily I hadn't add any salty ingredient yet.
Just had a taste of the sauce and it's pretty good.
To be continued in an hour or 2 while I enjoy
IMG_20240731_170905_731.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom