What did you cook or eat today (July 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Left over Kofta meat made into balls and done in the air fryer. Some beets and beans from the Mennonite stall.
IMG_4820.jpeg

Last edited:
Today is Craig's birthday and he opted to order delivery from Papa John's. I offered to drive to the wood fired oven pizza place to eat in or pick up, but...
I'm sorry, my DH would not get his birthday wish. I detest Papa John's pizza, it's one of the worst chains in the USA (not sure if they are in other countries but if it tastes like ours, please don't).

I'm sorry, my DH would not get his birthday wish. I detest Papa John's pizza, it's one of the worst chains in the USA (not sure if they are in other countries but if it tastes like ours, please don't).
Have to disagree. Marco's and Domino's are much worse.

It's okay, at least the New York style crust. The thin crust isn't great, but it's better than the original that is too thick for us.
That's fair. I haven't eaten there in about 6 years. I used to mystery shop them before the pandemic and had to get the original crust. I always gave it to the neighbors.

Have to disagree. Marco's and Domino's are much worse.
Yeah, haven't eaten the NY style crust, I might change my mind if so. I really don't mind Domino's and Marco's is okay...keep in mind my comparison was to the original style Papa John's pizza. Also I have found over the years that chains can vary greatly from location to location, and our PJ's might just be that bad.

So, why is it popular? Price? Quantity?
I dunno, I do know people who like it, and they are mostly of the younger generations. But then again, like I said to medtran49, I haven't tried the thin crust. They didn't have it back when I had to shop them and I wouldn't have been allowed to order it anyway.

Son and friend off to work at a festival tomorrow. Leaving at 5am 😬
As they only returned from another 5 day festival yesterday I’m suspecting two pale imitations to return on monday 😆

Always tricky to feed other people when you don’t know their likes and dislikes so I went with a relatively safe bet Chilli Con Carne
IMG_3812.jpeg

One large vat of chunky chilli.

IMG_3814.jpeg

My smaller plate (pasta bowl) of chilli the way I like it with the cheese under the hot chilli so it melts nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom