What did you cook or eat today (June 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is what I did today. A course in the morning (from 9am till 2.30 pm, because everyone talked a lot!) and then basically the same menu in the evening (7pm) but full service (along with the kitchen brigade). Everything ran smoothly and service took about 2 1/2 hours. Lots of happy people. Thank God tomorrow is Sunday!
Indian Street Food menu.jpg

DH & I were out & about today and I suggested a Japanese Restaurant that we hadn't been to in many years.
Our meals cost alot, more than we would ever spend, but we both agreed it was well worth the $9X.XX USD.
gyotaku lunch.jpg

Included with each of our linners (late lunch/early dinner, which by the way is very popular here in Hawaii).
Miso Soup and a Salad. The Soy Sauce based Salad Dressing was divine!
gyotaku lunch2.jpg

We shared an appetizer of Edamame aka Soy Beans
gyotaku lunch3.jpg

DH's choice of Chicken Katsu
gyotaku lunch5.jpg

and Sashimi, he was in heaven! I didn't try, but he said that the raw Ahi aka Tuna just melted in his mouth.
gyotaku lunch4.jpg

I went with the Bento Box three choice and I had to try their special, Colossal Black Tiger Prawns Tempura.
My three choices were (from left to right) Teriyaki Chicken, Chicken Kara'age, and Teriyaki boneless Short Rib, AH YUM!!!
gyotaku lunch11.jpg
We had ALOT leftover.
There's a bit from each of our orders as well as a layer of shredded Cabbage and some steamed White Rice.
This should feed us for linner tomorrow, what with a few tidbits from yesterday's meal.
Oh, along with the food we each had a drink. Iced Tea for DH and a Beer for Moi, I mean, how can you eat Japanese food without a Beer? Well, I suppose when you don't drink alcohol like DH ...

So this is what I did today. A course in the morning (from 9am till 2.30 pm, because everyone talked a lot!) and then basically the same menu in the evening (7pm) but full service (along with the kitchen brigade). Everything ran smoothly and service took about 2 1/2 hours. Lots of happy people. Thank God tomorrow is Sunday!
View attachment 114574
Great job!
Buñuelos de leche con sirop de cardamomo y agua de rosas? Sounds heavenly.🌹 Will google the method and the buñuelos...

Baking last night, taste testing this morning.
1.Oat, nuts and fruit cake/served with almond yoghurt
2. Oat, coconut,carob, cocoa tea loaf/s w fresh apricot and almond yoghurt

20240608_221235.jpg
20240609_082142.jpg

The nuts&fruit cake has a "clean the cupboards" rich and varied taste(some leftover pistacchios, peanuts, dried cranberries, a few almonds, a few pecans), I had made a compott (boiled 2 pears and 2 apples that were starting to get soft, with cinnamon) and used mooshed fruit to add.

The water was used in the other tea loaf cake ,along with the hot water to dissolve the oats and add aroma. The loaf is gooey and moist, I love both.

Something oilier than almond yoghurt would be delicious,like cold coconut cream or a fatty soy caramel /vanilla/maracuya ice cream with a generous amount of dark choc melted in coco oil, and some chopped Brazil nuts...
20240608_222820.jpg
20240609_083104.jpg

View attachment 114574

Impressive - no photos?

Last night I had pan-fried boneless, thin cut strip steak on Italian bread (with a light schmear of butter. After the steak was removed from the pan, I placed bread in the pan butter side down to get the fond off the pan and brown it a bit. Had fresh cherries for dessert.

I'm hoping someone took some, but when you're trying to get orders out for customers, there are no photos!
Those are what we call fritule here, it seems to me. The google pictures are somewhat puzzling, side by side one resembles a ball shape, the other a flat type. But possibly it is the ball shaped zeppole or fritelle hence our variation of fritule.

Mod edit: scteenshots removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom