What did you cook or eat today (June 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lunch was quick and easy. We were out of the house early this morning, shopping and other stuff... didn't get home until 12:30pm and lunch was in the table 10 minutes later.

Sourdough with hummus, chutney and tofu, and sourdough with jam.

20240608_123803.jpg

The 30C heat erased my desire to cook today. So we combined store bought meat (baked chicken part, fried chicken breast with sesame for the junior), the last portion of the bean stew and nicely chopped fresh tomatoes(junior chopped). Sadly, they don't taste like true tomatoes at all...
Dark chocolate,2 cubes, 2 fresh apricots, really yummy, just the right moment of ripe and delicious for dessert.

While out I needed a banana, some cookies and over a liter of electrolyte containing water. And a fan. And a paper handkerchief for the forehead sweat.

20240608_135614.jpg

That looks like such a good idea. I was sizing up some sausage, did not buy them yet, sauerkraut I love, onion, yes, brilliant. Are there any other ingredients? Tips&tricks?
I'll share some tips I've learned. If purchased sauerkraut is too strong tasting, soak it in plain water for a while. In something like Puggles dish, draining well, maybe even patting dry in some paper towels or clean dish towels is probably a good idea so you get some nice browning.

Small batch sauerkraut is easy to make. Think I have a recipe on here. I much prefer homemade over commercial because I can monitor and get just the right amount of sourness, plus I can add fennel or caraway or juniper berries, etc., whatever I want.

Recipe - Small batch sauerkraut

Last edited:
plus I can add fennel or caraway or juniper berries, etc., whatever I want.
Wow, agreed, that sounds lovely. I usually cook it as is, sometimes, will wash it, but have not soaked. I will try though, i would love to achieve the sweetness, aided by the onion certainly and the caramelization...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom