What did you cook or eat today (June 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I got so good at making hushpuppies at home I am very wary of ordering them out, they are usually like lead fishing weights. Disappointing that the food was overcooked...even the ribs? Bummer.
Yeah - the owners changed I don’t know how long ago, years and years ago, and it wasn’t that great way back then, and now it’s worse.

We’ve eaten there three times in 20 years. I doubt we’ll be back.

Yeah - the owners changed I don’t know how long ago, years and years ago, and it wasn’t that great way back then, and now it’s worse.

We’ve eaten there three times in 20 years. I doubt we’ll be back.
I am sad to hear it. And shame on them that they try to claim any affiliation with Tennessee southern cooking.

It's got me craving brisket though, maybe the brisket isn't too bad? Ribs I KNOW you can do better at home. Smoked brisket is a time-consuming challenge, though.

Well, Mr. TT had another one when I dared to mention getting his chores done so we could go out. So, told him he could just fix his own dinner. I had 2 frozen chicken Kievs, they're small, and a glass of wine. Told him there was another box of them in the freezer, plus a package of frozen Butoni pasta, and a bit of the Scramburger mix left from the other night. He chose the Scramburger meat and crackers.

He apparently thought I would go ahead and make dinner for him, as it was getting late for us to eat and he seemed to be waiting for food after I put mine in to bake. I'm over that, last straw and all.

This sauerkraut is so fricken good. If you're on the fence about sauerkraut, this is what you should try. Nice and sweet, delicious.
View attachment 114497
That looks like such a good idea. I was sizing up some sausage, did not buy them yet, sauerkraut I love, onion, yes, brilliant. Are there any other ingredients? Tips&tricks?

He apparently thought I would go ahead and make dinner for him
Similarly, after explaining a 1231 time to my daughter she reacts with vigilance after eating chocolate, and after she made herself a prosciutto sandwich, 2 bananas and a 200ml of melted cooking chocolate at midnight, while I was apparently asleep...which then kept her awake all night. She was still awake at 6,15 am when I went out for a walk. Now she sleeps at 7,30am ..and it is bright and sunny. She did not put away her dishes, nor soaked the chocy pot. So I will not even consider preparing her breakfast.

One evening the first afterwork snack at home. Raspberries and pecans.
20240606_210354.jpg

Looks nice and crunchy.
The tech shown reminded me to thank you for the work around moving the forum to a new server.
Seems to run smooth. Well done and thank you.
The last 2 days have very much been a case of finding a space on the table to eat. Normally no tech is allowed with meals at all, except to photo it before we sit down to eat.

The last 2 days have very much been a case of finding a space on the table to eat. Normally no tech is allowed with meals at all, except to photo it before we sit down to eat.
Totally understand. No two days are the same, as wise folks say.
It is still amazing you manage to successfully juggle all the farm issues,animal issues, cooking&domestic tasks, Uni prep, server move ,plus...
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom