What did you cook or eat today (November 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if I'm being stupid but what is crud? In the UK it means an encrustation of something dirty - like accumulated mud or grease.
Kind of like a little mix of a cold and a respiratory ailment, all rolled into one. It's somewhere between a cold and the flu - a little bit of both.

But the dessert is Italian 😛
Amaretti biscuits flavoured Panna Cotta

Sorry if I'm being stupid but what is crud? In the UK it means an encrustation of something dirty - like accumulated mud or grease.

It's not stupid. It means what you think it means. It is sometimes used to refer to what we call "colds" or "the flu" (influenza). They are respiratory "crud" in the lungs.

Kind of like a little mix of a cold and a respiratory ailment, all rolled into one. It's somewhere between a cold and the flu - a little bit of both.

Down here, it can also refer to seasonal allergies. That's what gets me. Head and chest congestion, runny nose, and with me, watery, itchy eyes. It wasn't bad for me this year, since I've been inside almost all the time. My sister is going through it right now. It can ruin your appetite, as it seems to be doing to EB.

CD

(Yesterday we had just home made KFC leftovers and chili with canned kidney beans, rice and ready-made sweet chili sauce.)
to_3.jpg

It's Father's Day in Finland tomorrow. To avoid crowds, we had family lunch at our haunt (Spanish bistro) today.
I didn't have any actual starter/first course, just green salad with cream dressing and baguette. Gratinated king prawns with rice for main course and chocolate fondant with coffee for dessert. (Finns - and Scandinavians - commonly have their coffee or espresso at the same time as dessert, not afterwards.)
to_2.jpg

to_1_.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom