What did you cook or eat today (September 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is wild Scottish.

Sorry, but you are wrong.

Scottish salmon is a commodity fish. Alaskan King, Sockeye or Chinook, salmon is wild, generally caught in the Pacific Northwest, often in Alaska. Scottish salmon is Atlantic salmon, and as far as that goes is identical to salmon from Chile or Norway. Even the wild caught Atlantic salmon is inferior, which includes wild Scottish salmon. Wild caught Atlantic salmon is supermarket salmon. I can get it at Kroger. If I want some wild Alaskan sockeye salmon (my favorite), I have to do some driving, and make sure my wallet is fat.

Alaska doesn't have much to brag about, but they have the best salmon. Sarah Palin? Give them credit for something good.

CD

Last edited:
Weekend breakfast. Scrambled egg and bacon.

Sushi restaurant later :D

Instead of tossing it, add all the remaining ingredients for a simple vinaigrette (or in this case, a basic dairy-based dressing), give it a shake, and you've got your money's worth from that jar.

Oh - I've been doing that for years. In fact, the jar method of making a vinaigrette is quite a good one.

I have a friend in Alaska. Best salmon on the planet. I make a similar spread for crackers with smoked Alaskan salmon and cream cheese. Sorry, I never thought to take a picture.

CD
We went to Alaska in 2012, staying in Fairbanks for a few days, then Denali, then we caught a cruise down to Vancouver and home.

In Fairbanks, we took a riverboat cruise on the Chena River. What we didn't know was that the riverboat was more or less a front for a salmon operation, and on this hour or so boat trip, they had buffet tables of a dip like you described set out.

I know what I like and I stick to that when I'm home, but I'm a little more adventurous when traveling, especially if it's a first-time visit, so I had some.

It...wasn't bad.

We ended up buying some of it, mainly to give away to family and friends, and right down to the last person, they swore they'd never had salmon like it. It still gets mentioned every so often.

Delicious dinner at the sushi place.
We started with some sushi. Wakame, grilled salmon, salmon, prawn, crayfish and spicy tuna. Plus squid and eel.

After that I had some salmon teriyaki, potato korroke, shrimp korokke and vegetable potstickers and banana

Banana tempura (my favorite sweet treat, so light and airy) and strawberry, mango and black sesame ice cream.

We had some more than shown on the pictures, all accompanied by jasmine tea.

Beef burger and chips.

I tried caseydog's technique but It needs a lot of work from me yet.

I decided to exclude chilli peppers for a change. I couldn't do it. Burgers without chillis to me are not burgers!

I had to think about that. What did I do now? :scratchhead: My normal response to anything said with my name in it.

If you are referring to the burger photo technique, nice job. Looks great to me, with or without chilis.

CD

We went to Alaska in 2012, staying in Fairbanks for a few days, then Denali, then we caught a cruise down to Vancouver and home.

In Fairbanks, we took a riverboat cruise on the Chena River. What we didn't know was that the riverboat was more or less a front for a salmon operation, and on this hour or so boat trip, they had buffet tables of a dip like you described set out.

I know what I like and I stick to that when I'm home, but I'm a little more adventurous when traveling, especially if it's a first-time visit, so I had some.

It...wasn't bad.

We ended up buying some of it, mainly to give away to family and friends, and right down to the last person, they swore they'd never had salmon like it. It still gets mentioned every so often.

I am not a big salmon fan, but smoked sockeye salmon from Alaska is different. People go nuts for that salmon dip I described, and there is nothing done that I can take credit for. It is fundamentally salmon, cream cheese, and my Cuisinart food processor.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom