What did you cook or eat today (September 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah you have your opinion I have mine, which corresponds with others. " “There’s nothing like it. You can’t compare it to anything !"It is dark, rich and a delight to eat... it’s so sad that we can’t: Leading chef laments the loss of wild Scottish salmon - The Sunday PostView attachment 45969

Nice picture of a big fish. This is the best picture I could come up with for Alaskan sockeye salmon.

salmonsockeye-800x500.jpg

CD

I had to think about that. What did I do now? :scratchhead: My normal response to anything said with my name in it.
If you are referring to the burger photo technique, nice job. Looks great to me, with or without chilis.

Looking back at it now (when I'm not eager to eat it before it gets cold) the chips should have been on the left side (in the available light) and I should have reflected a little more light at the right side. The sky was overcast.

Serrano Pepper Sauce.
Well, epicuric, I did it. Yesterday, I saw eight full sized peppers on my Serano pepper plants, so I knew the time was now. There are another 13 smaller ones that are on the way.

I decided to roast the peppers, along with some onion and bell peppers, on my grill.

I scraped off the skin, then chopped everything up – minus the stems and the bell pepper core – and threw it in the blender along with the juice of two limes, some apple cider vinegar, and some water.

It has a nice heat to it, but it’s not overpowering. This would do well as a sauce or even as a salsa.

Looking back at it now (when I'm not eager to eat it before it gets cold) the chips should have been on the left side (in the available light) and I should have reflected a little more light at the right side. The sky was overcast.

Okay... the picture still made me hungry.

CD

Serrano Pepper Sauce. Well, epicuric, I did it. Yesterday, I saw eight full sized peppers on my Serano pepper plants, so I knew the time was now. There are another 13 smaller ones that are on the way.

I decided to roast the peppers, along with some onion and bell peppers, on my grill.

I scraped off the skin, then chopped everything up – minus the stems and the bell pepper core – and threw it in the blender along with the juice of two limes, some apple cider vinegar, and some water.

It has a nice heat to it, but it’s not overpowering. This would do well as a sauce or even as a salsa.

If your pepper plants are like mine, your next batch of serranos will be hotter. :pepper:

Also, good call on roasting and peeling the peppers for your sauce/salsa. Time to make some tacos!

CD

Helped grandkids with breky this morning and hot chocolates. They stayed the night. I had doggie bag leftovers for lunch. Lemon chicken and sizzling steak with onions. Microwaved so no sizzle. I'll be going back as they gave me a voucher for my spend of $300.

Russ

View attachment 46009

Serrano Pepper Sauce.
Well, epicuric, I did it. Yesterday, I saw eight full sized peppers on my Serano pepper plants, so I knew the time was now. There are another 13 smaller ones that are on the way.

View attachment 46006

View attachment 46007

View attachment 46008

Excellent!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom