What did you cook or eat today (September 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will never forget the Emeril Live show years and years ago where he breaded and fried shell-on shrimp for po'boys and served them up to some people.
A friend of mine made me soft shell crab last year in Florida. I ate it but my god it was horrible. Although he promised me the shells were soft there was still a crunch to them, i didn't like it at all!!

Just an easy meal as an end to an lazy day. Pancakes!

A friend of mine made me soft shell crab last year in Florida. I ate it but my god it was horrible. Although he promised me the shells were soft there was still a crunch to them, i didn't like it at all!!

The soft shell crab has to be seasoned properly, dredge in seasoned flour and sauteed in butter. It also needs to be cleaned properly in advance of cooking. I love a good soft shell crab Po' Boy sandwich.

They tasted reasonable but the uniformity of browning was the thing that disappointed me.
I have found that a spray mist of oil helps with flavor, and I always salt them before I cook them. I also shake the basket several times during the cooking process, that helps with the uniformity of browning. I love my air fryer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom