What did you cook or eat today (September 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final meal here started with this pate.

20230915_184805.jpg

I’m sitting in Pizza Hut for the second week in a row - since she doesn’t really get to have it much anymore, MrsT has developed a taste for pizza, and I don’t cook on Fridays, so here I am.

I made a salad and a quick dressing that we’ll have once I get home. I had to laugh over this story from yesterday:

Since I’d had a butt scope yesterday, I didn’t cook (well, I heated up a can of soup). MrsT wanted a salad, so she cut up all the stuff for one salad (with a serrated knife 🤨 ) but the last dressing I’d made was several days ago and looking a little…lumpy.

“Well, crap! What am I gonna do now?!”

I told her, “Get in the fridge and get that mustard out, put a couple of tablespoons a jar…now, put about half again as much olive oil…a couple of splashes of cider vinegar…and a glug of maple syrup…salt and pepper…now shake it up and taste it, too sharp, add more syrup or oil, too sweet, more vinegar, and adjust the salt and pepper.”

All that took about four minutes, and she said, “That’s it?! That’s all you do for dressing!?”

Just when I was feeling pretty cool and awesome in the eyes of my kitchen-challenged wife, she added, “…and I thought you were busting your azz making dressing, and it turns out anybody can do it!”

:laugh:

Our son (lee) is in Queensland for a work conference and his wife in hanmer for girls weekend so we have their 3 kids with us.
I cooked this morning scrambled eggs bacon baked beans and hot choc x 4.
I had tea and toast with marmalade.
Lunch will.be?
Dinner will be? Fish n chips?

Russ

A few time difference calculations... not sure if I got it right but had you been waiting 5 hours when you posted?
Probably less. I was in the queue about 8.30am and finally got my petrol at around 11.45am.
Yes, this is Venezuela, the country with the largest oil reserves in the world that cannot even provide its own population with fuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom