What did you eat/cook today (January 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was!:D . It is a Cooking Light recipe : CL Chicken Stroganoff

Stroganoff sounds retro to me. No problem with that. I'm interested in trad French provincial food. But re the the stroganoff, I remember going to Glastonbury festival and eating Mushroom Stroganoff from a stall there. It cost a £1 but tasted amazing. happy days.

Just a light tea....

hassleback-eggs s.jpg

What kind of milk are you using in your yoghurt? I'd love to see an image of the cheese...
This was for the chooks so it was a full cream cows milk. don't quite know what happened but cheese now maturing in the fridge. I'll photo it in a day or two. ribs and infection are knocking me for six sadly despite doubling steroids.

This evening TVC served home made yorkshire puddings, perfect crispy potatoes, onion gravy and the last of the beef from Christmas

View attachment 4966
Looks delicious. An impressive home-made Yorkshire. What is the Yorkshire cooked in (I mean what is batter poured into). I ask, because its obviously a larger than normal pudding.

Looks delicious. An impressive home-made Yorkshire. What is the Yorkshire cooked in (I mean what is batter poured into). I ask, because its obviously a larger than normal pudding.

We have 2 tins, both are perfect for these puds as well as other individual meals.

Tonight was a Greek restaurant within stagger distance. :laugh: I had lamb with potatoes and greek salad - its called Kleftiko i think? Sorry if I spelt it wrong. Tomorrow I'm on breakfast duty.
I love kleftiko, best one I had was in a small place on Wembley high road overlooking the stadium.

I love kleftiko, best one I had was in a small place on Wembley high road overlooking the stadium.
I love kleftiko too. The family run Greek places really know how to cook that well. Best one I had was in the famous Jimmy's Restaurant in Soho. And that would be 40 odd years ago. Last time I looked, the Jimmy's was still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom