What made you smile recently (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other Hee-Haw alum who made it big was Roy Clark. That guy was a master guitar player.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBKoJ7fMJJQ

CD
Yep, he was from Virginia, from a musical family, and he could play just about anything. He died not too long ago.

He and Buck didn’t always get along on the show. They used to record a season’s worth of episodes in long sessions over a short period, so everything had to be done right the first time and on a tight schedule.

Buck was always all business, didn’t particularly like doing the show, and wanted to be in and out as fast as possible. Roy was the opposite. Like to joke around, enjoy himself, show up late, that sort of thing, and they’d butt heads a lot.

Our console combo TV was capable of color. I remember that because after we got it my parents were all excited for me to watch The Wizard of Oz because something amazing was going to happen in the movie. How many of you remember that the movie started in black and white in Kansas, then morphed into color when Dorothy stepped out of the house in Munchkin land in Oz? That was pretty cool for me as a young child.

Our console combo TV was capable of color. I remember that because after we got it my parents were all excited for me to watch The Wizard of Oz because something amazing was going to happen in the movie. How many of you remember that the movie started in black and white in Kansas, then morphed into color when Dorothy stepped out of the house in Munchkin land in Oz? That was pretty cool for me as a young chilg
We had a black & white set but , our elderly next door neighbors had a color set and invited us kids over to watch while they played pinochle with my parents. I am still afraid of the witch 😱😱

I remember the day we got colour tv. Nana bought us a screen that had top third light blue haze, middle third brown and bottom green. Just enough to make your screen look coloured. We got rid of it about a week later. Lol.

Russ

FB_IMG_1689113272581.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom