What made you smile recently (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We generally just say 💩-faced.

See what I mean? :wink:

"Fishcaked"

I know the feeling well...........

beer drinking.jpg

Everything but the beret…I’d save that for something else.
Well then I guess you'd have to find a green and blue scarf to stick with the mallard palette!

I had to look up GTH pants. For those who don't know, it means Go To He//, and refers to any brightly colored pair of pants. At first, I thought it had something to do with golf, but apparently not.

And I've always used "newt".
"A possible explanation for the phrase has to do with the way a newt walks – wobbling along (much like a person who has had too much to drink and is unable to walk straight)."

Just for information the Thai word for "special" is พิเศษ. Pronounced in English as "pees 'ed".

A few years ago I was meeting a friend at the station here. The announcement came over the tannoy as "The next train arriving will be the pees 'ed train from Bangkok". As she alighted I asked "How did they know that you were on the train?"

Drunk as a skunk....
In the southern US people say, "Drunker 'n Cooter Brown".

Apparently when the US Civil War broke out there was a man (Cooter Brown) who lived close to the dividing line between the southern and northeen states who didn't want to fight in the war. He just stayed so drunk all the time that he was considered useless and neither side tried to draft him. To this day when someone's wasted drunk they compare them to ole Cooter Brown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom