What made you smile recently (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't usually comment on politics, because (a) politicians are arrogant, self-seeking ratbags who are only interested in being adulated and (b) government plans are rarely achieved, because the bottom-feeders in Parliament, or Congress, or whatever, think it's far more important to argue about things and criticise than to actually DO anything.
However, the prospect of the world's biggest democracy being run, in 2025, by one or another person over the age of 80 really worries me.
The median age in the USA is 38.1 years old.
So you're happy having your grandad running things?
As for the UK , the next election is a foregone conclusion. It will be run by someone with the charisma of a sea snail.

I don't usually comment on politics, because (a) politicians are arrogant, self-seeking ratbags who are only interested in being adulated and (b) government plans are rarely achieved, because the bottom-feeders in Parliament, or Congress, or whatever, think it's far more important to argue about things and criticise than to actually DO anything.
However, the prospect of the world's biggest democracy being run, in 2025, by one or another person over the age of 80 really worries me.
The median age in the USA is 38.1 years old.
As for the UK , the next election is a foregone conclusion. It will be run by someone with the charisma of a sea snail.

We have a good system to deal with the passing of a President. We've had to use it in my lifetime with JFK. As for physical or mental disability, we have a constitutional remedy for that, too, called the 25th amendment.

I'd like to se some younger talent run for President, as Obama did in 2008. But, you have to be at least 40 to run for President. Millennials are just starting to turn 40. They would also have to give a s*it.

CD

I’m ok with it as long as the grandad/mom is fit and doing the job. It’d be the same as asking me, “Do you really want a Millennial running things?”

I don’t like arbitrary limits put on things, usually. If they can do the job, that’s all that matters to me.

He's not going to be dropped. And, Michelle is NOT going to run for President.

You need to stop watching FOXnews. :laugh:

CD

Most of that was cnn. I watch both sides.
Then form an opinion.
At his age and cognitive level I stand by my opinion and I think trump will not stand. Hows that for balance?

Russ

Most of that was cnn. I watch both sides.
Then form an opinion.
At his age and cognitive level I stand by my opinion and I think trump will not stand. Hows that for balance?

Russ

If you want to see the liberal version of FOX, you need to check out MSNBC. :ohmy: :laugh:

CD

I have said it here before, out of 320 million Americans how did they pick Biden and Trump as the best two possible candidates.
And we've got Sunak who we didn't choose, and who has learnt to lie without his nose growing, though he does still want to be a real boy.

Anyway, back to the jokes as I've realised I started this derailment.

Screenshot_20230804_195722_Instagram.jpg

Why?

Biden because sitting Presidents eligible for another term (two 4-year terms per person per the Constitution) are pretty much guaranteed their party's nomination if they want to run.

Trump still has a very strong base leftover from before and is the front runner by far with DiSantis behind him. Who knows what will happen if Trump is indicted in Georgia for some type of voting fraud because that is the state where he is on tape pressing Georgia officials to "find him votes." Even a good many of his staunch supporters are not happy about that per the latest polls. And, if he does manage to get the nomination, hopefully, rational people will keep in mind his actions when he lost the last election and had to leave office.

That leaves DiSantis as the current next in line, but with his positions on abortion, LGBQT, and all his other controversial leanings, it's doubtful he would be elected. He's gone too far for a lot of people and the sheen is wearing off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom