What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
International market, Meijer, ALDI, and Kroger.

Fish will be for a no-fuss supper tonight. Cheeses are for an eggplant dish (probably easy to guess what it’ll be…):
IMG_5214.jpeg

(…given the canned tomatoes I bought):
IMG_5215.jpeg

Last of the wine purchases for SIL visit next month. That red was…$3US. She said, “I like anything except sweet reds,” but for three bucks…she’s gonna learn to like a sweet red! :laugh: :
IMG_5216.jpeg

Never had those white buttons before, and Taytos were $0.89 - that’s cheaper than domestic crisps/chips here (I got two of each):
IMG_5217.jpeg

Eggplant and peppers:
IMG_5218.jpeg

International market, Meijer, ALDI, and Kroger.

Fish will be for a no-fuss supper tonight. Cheeses are for an eggplant dish (probably easy to guess what it’ll be…):
View attachment 103030

(…given the canned tomatoes I bought):
View attachment 103031

Last of the wine purchases for SIL visit next month. That red was…$3US. She said, “I like anything except sweet reds,” but for three bucks…she’s gonna learn to like a sweet red! :laugh: :
View attachment 103032

Never had those white buttons before, and Taytos were $0.89 - that’s cheaper than domestic crisps/chips here (I got two of each):
View attachment 103033

Eggplant and peppers:
View attachment 103034
1690752925916.png

Well your eggplant art looks like a man with a two-toned mustache, two different colored droopy eyes (that are on either side of his white nose) and only 1 eyebrow (a unibrow?).

View attachment 103035

Well your eggplant art looks like a man with a two-toned mustache, two different colored droopy eyes (that are on either side of his white nose) and only 1 eyebrow (a unibrow?).
What’s funny about that is that, while not trying to make anything “artsy,” I did purposely separate the two darker eggplants, and the two green peppers, because I didn’t want similar colors next to each other! :laugh:

What’s funny about that is that, while not trying to make anything “artsy,” I did purposely separate the two darker eggplants, and the two green peppers, because I didn’t want similar colors next to each other! :laugh:
You'll have to forgive the way I view things. I see things in clouds, too. At least I don't see things on pieces of toast!

I love tea and don't drink coffee but decaf is not good (even PG tips). Why do you drink decaf?
I'd rather drink water than decaf, I only drink tea or coffee for caffeine. And I drink both. I start with a cup of tea and then have a cup of coffee.

Starting to fill out my groceries for the day my SIL arrives - all Kroger today (been a bit disappointed in ALDI’s fruit of late).

Having a sort of nacho salad/plate thingy tonight:
IMG_5242.jpeg

Both the strawberries and the raspberries will need to be eaten today or tomorrow:
IMG_5243.jpeg

The biscuits/cookies will go with two other boxes I have, mainly to have with after-dinner boozy coffee while she’s visiting.

I always wondered exactly what variety those little canned black “California” olives are - a little research shows they’re actually green olives that go through an oxidation process to turn them black.

Funny, because I love green olives, don’t care much for black olives, but I’ve always liked these black olives. Now I know why…because they’re green olives on the down-low!
IMG_5244.jpeg

Haven’t tried that “golden” sugar before. I suspect it tastes exactly like the white stuff.
IMG_5245.jpeg

Chicken is at buy-1-get-2 free (for a total of three packs of chicken) - those Tyson chicken parts cost me $8 for all of it, the wings being the most expensive package.
IMG_5246.jpeg

Waiting on butcher to pick me up
We are going to buy 2 beef fillets whole.
I showed my kids the one I bought for $65 10 days ago. They asked me to get the same for them. I got 13 steaks off my one.
If we have time I'm getting a whole lamb cut up. Different halal place though.
Another $200.

Russ

Starting to fill out my groceries for the day my SIL arrives - all Kroger today (been a bit disappointed in ALDI’s fruit of late).

Having a sort of nacho salad/plate thingy tonight:
View attachment 103128

Both the strawberries and the raspberries will need to be eaten today or tomorrow:
View attachment 103129

The biscuits/cookies will go with two other boxes I have, mainly to have with after-dinner boozy coffee while she’s visiting.

I always wondered exactly what variety those little canned black “California” olives are - a little research shows they’re actually green olives that go through an oxidation process to turn them black.

Funny, because I love green olives, don’t care much for black olives, but I’ve always liked these black olives. Now I know why…because they’re green olives on the down-low!
View attachment 103130

Haven’t tried that “golden” sugar before. I suspect it tastes exactly like the white stuff.
View attachment 103131

Chicken is at buy-1-get-2 free (for a total of three packs of chicken) - those Tyson chicken parts cost me $8 for all of it, the wings being the most expensive package.
View attachment 103132
Those Belgian almond thins are one of my favorite cookies! I can eat a whole package in half an hour..

Stopped at the other full-time (though seasonal) farmer’s market/stand I like to visit:

IMG_5293.jpeg
IMG_5292.jpeg
IMG_5291.jpeg

I like this market because they tell you whether an item is something they grew on-site or if it came from somewhere else. I asked about the corn, because it was lying out with nothing on it, and she pointed to the cornfield immediately behind the building and said, “Right there.” :laugh:

Plums are a little underripe, but should be ok in the next couple of days. That melon is ready to go now. It’s a small super-sweet variety called sugar bomb (or sugar baby). That corn, as soon as I pulled the husk back, instantly filled the kitchen with fresh cornfield odors.
IMG_5294.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom