What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Car's in the garage again so I had to trudge up the hill to the supermarket. And then trudge all the way down again.
Milk, white cheese, vinegar, cocoa powder, (I'm going to make a Chocolate Beetroot Cake this afternoon) leeks, and fresh ginger.

Haven’t noticed this at the small-town Kroger before:

IMG_5289.jpeg

Haven’t noticed this at the small-town Kroger before:
Curious, as I'm just about to order some in a 16 oz (454 gms) tin. I love the extra bite that Colman's mustard has.
I also use it to make Piccalilli (chow-chow, mustard pickles) . It's taken me years to convince the general public that piccalilli is a wonderful accompaniment to many foods, but I do seem to have created a niche market!
Piccalilli.jpg

I also use it to make Piccalilli (chow-chow, mustard pickles)
That’s pretty popular here, especially at farmers’ markets, “country” stores, and Amish goods stores.

The market I visited yesterday was selling it. Good stuff!

Birthday shop in Belgium 😍 my husbands present for me.
20230810_133441.jpg

Two boxes of rabbit leg for my birthday meal on monday
20230810_133501.jpg

Belgian cheese croquettes ( my favorite!) and potato croquettes to serve with the stew
20230810_133738.jpg

Belgian chocolate mousse, vanilla and caramel pots de crème, herb cream cheese, fig goats cheese, quality butter
20230810_134015.jpg

Dark chocolate with caramel and orange, white chocolate with raspberry, spice cake spices, tuna rillettes, spicy & garlic mayo, apple & lemon sable biscuits, shortbread, petit beurre biscuits and salted caramel wafers.

Next time we'll buy more fresh and frozen but now we were concerned if it would survive the car journey due to the relative heat.

The last time I bought Stilton here it was ฿1,800.00/kg. I shared 500gms with a mate today which was ฿1,000.00/kg from our Western Food provider.

Langoustines and ground lamb from Wild Forks. Guanciale, scamorza, cannolis, Oreo cheesecake, and a couple of baby bok choy not shown. Sriracha, can't believe they had it, from the Asian market that's about 25 minutes away but close to Wild Forks. Sent Craig to get some rice vinegar, but didn't check it and found it was rice cooking wine when we got home. It was cheap so told him to just throw it away and told him he's going to the close Asian market to get rice vinegar.

20230811_141705.jpg

Last edited:
I can get sriracha at the local grocery store. Is it hard to find in South Florida?

CD

There's a shortage of it, Rooster brand, nationwide because of lack of the peppers they use. We used to be able to get it at regular grocery but not lately.

Ah, I think I heard something about that. I have a big bottle of it in the fridge, so I haven't had to buy any for quite a while.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom