What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would never happen to me with hot sauce. I have to be held back so as not to put 10 hot sauces in the basket.
No, it's not that, he loves hot stuff. Way more than I do actually. He apparently wasn't all there for a while as he had problems deciding where he wanted to have lunch once we were done. I ended up having to tell him restaurant names.

He apparently wasn't all there for a while as he had problems deciding where he wanted to have lunch once we were done. I ended up having to tell him restaurant names.
I get that with MrsT sometimes. She’ll get frustrated and say, “Goddam stroke brain! 😡 “ - that, she manages to get out clear as a bell, no hesitation.

Sent Craig to get some rice vinegar, but didn't check it and found it was rice cooking wine when we got home. It was cheap so told him to just throw it away and told him he's going to the close Asian market to get rice vinegar.

The langoustines look lovely. Don't you ever use rice wine?

There's a shortage of it, Rooster brand, nationwide because of lack of the peppers they use. We used to be able to get it at regular grocery but not lately.

I've had the Rooster brand in the past but disliked it because it contained MSG - an ingredient I can taste immediately and it always spoils things for me. Or am I confusing it with Flying Goose which I've also had in the past? Here I can now buy several MSG free versions so not an issue.

I've had the Rooster brand in the past but disliked it because it contained MSG - an ingredient I can taste immediately and it always spoils things for me. Or am I confusing it with Flying Goose which I've also had in the past? Here I can now buy several MSG free versions so not an issue.
I just looked at the bottle In my frige and MSG is not listed. I don't like MSG either. It's not a taste issue, I have a sensitivity to it. It makes me flushed and short of breath.

Ah - having searched I realise its Flying Goose brand which has MSG.

I think medtran49 is referring to this brand from Huy Fong Foods...

1691878359538.jpeg

This is what I keep at home. People call it Rooster Sauce (or another word for rooster :ohmy: ).

CD

I've only ever heard it referred to as Rooster, never the other word for a male chicken.

You apparently hang out with a better class of people than I do. :laugh: I first heard it from a former co-worker. He's a Millennial. He was surprised that I had never heard it before.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom