What will you be watching on TV tonight (2024)?

I would never watch a Partly Political Broadcast (or Presidential/Prime Ministerial debate) under any circumstances.
Two politicians shouting at each other, accusing, insulting , demeaning each other and generally slagging each other off, just because they happen to be on opposite sides of the political spectrum. I'd rather watch Tom & Jerry.

I would never watch a Partly Political Broadcast (or Presidential/Prime Ministerial debate) under any circumstances.
Two politicians shouting at each other, accusing, insulting , demeaning each other and generally slagging each other off, just because they happen to be on opposite sides of the political spectrum. I'd rather watch Tom & Jerry.
They weren't allowed to shout. Mikes were turned off unless it was their turn to speak. I'm glad I watched it. It reaffirmed my decision.

They weren't allowed to shout. Mikes were turned off unless it was their turn to speak. I'm glad I watched it. It reaffirmed my decision.
I certainly don't need to watch it to affirm my preferred candidate but I will probably catch highlights on the BBC news today.

I certainly don't need to watch it to affirm my preferred candidate but I will probably catch highlights on the BBC news today.
If DH hadn't insisted on turning it on I would happily have watched something else, but yes, nothing could have swayed my voting decision. It was much as expected but the moderators did a nice job of keeping it from getting ugly and there was some immediate fact checking and someone was called out for their misrepresentation of the facts (er, lying) immediately, which was nice.

As I glanced my phone this morning, I remembered it's 9/11, I deeply feel for the victims. May it never happen again, ever.🙏

This evening, if I stay awake, I might browse around news or highlights, but nothing too long.

Now, if they’d give candidates chainsaws and TNT and big hammers, like Tom & Jerry have, it’d be more entertaining. :laugh:
My sister had a bottle of wine and popcorn. We watched it "together" (she lives in Texas, 22 hours away from me) and texted each other back and forth. I had several rum and cokes and some of those fried mushrooms reheated in the air fryer...

One of my favorite movies:

IMG_9357.jpeg

Finishing series one of ‘Tulsa King’
It’s exactly the sort of pointless lightweight thing I to take my mind away from any hassles for a moment!
I don’t think I’ve ever really enjoyed a Stallone thing before.
I acknowledge he’s a talented man, just not one I’ve ever wanted to watch but his size and slurry speech suits this role really well.
Enjoying it.

Back
Top Bottom