Whatcha drinking (2024)?

Here’s the overpriced airport beer…a Stella, and it’s more than twice the price of the previous beer 10 minutes up the road.

IMG_9406.jpeg

It’s a hard cross to bear but someone’s gotta do it 😂
What’s funny…notice she brought me a glass of water without me asking and free of charge, which is the norm here.

The previous place…they’ve learned the Old World practice of setting down a glass and a bottle of water and saying, “Here’s some water for you if you want it,” and if you have as much as a drop…you’ve just bought the (ridiculously expensive) entire bottle of specialty water.

What’s funny…notice she brought me a glass of water without me asking and free of charge, which is the norm here.

The previous place…they’ve learned the Old World practice of setting down a glass and a bottle of water and saying, “Here’s some water for you if you want it,” and if you have as much as a drop…you’ve just bought the (ridiculously expensive) entire bottle of specialty water.
You wha??
They put a bottle of mineral water next to you without you asking and if you drink any of it you’re charged?

Here? No problem. My experience in Europe? They look at you like you just asked to drink straight from the toilet. :laugh:

Well you have 😂

Here there was always a fuss about people ordering tap water rather than buying a drink and as the overheads in the UK for business rates, taxes and utility bills are very high it was and in some places still is frowned on. They gotta make a living and they can’t out of people ordering tap water is the general idea.

. My experience in Europe? They look at you like you just asked to drink straight from the toilet
My BIL always asks for tap water in the pub (he gave up booze about 10 years ago). I've never seen an odd look.
Wouldn't even dream of it over here, though.

Well you have 😂

Here there was always a fuss about people ordering tap water rather than buying a drink and as the overheads in the UK for business rates, taxes and utility bills are very high it was and in some places still is frowned on. They gotta make a living and they can’t out of people ordering tap water is the general idea.

True, but as lonng as I order a meal or something, I feel I should be allowed tap water
Mind you, in some counntries it is uncommon to drink tap water.
I still feel they shouldn't put bottled water on the table and charge for it if I haven't ordered it

True, but as lonng as I order a meal or something, I feel I should be allowed tap water
Mind you, in some counntries it is uncommon to drink tap water.
I still feel they shouldn't put bottled water on the table and charge for it if I haven't ordered it
Yer they don’t tend to mind if you’re ordering a meal and some places automatically put chilled tap water on the table now (at no charge of course) which is nice.

After I came back from a month in a country that had no potable water (you could only drink bottled) I felt quite horrified people here didn’t appreciate being able to simply turn on a tap and drink the free water, even though only a few weeks before I was one of them! 😂

Back
Top Bottom