2024 July 4th Plans

Some people naturally run more dehydrated than others, sample no 3 needs to take more water with it...

IMG_3394.jpeg

or perhaps it's the spirits for litre pitchers of Long Island Ice Tea premixed (minus the lime and cola). Oh do like a bit of chilled prep 😂

Is this recipe posted somewhere?
I don’t think so, but I will, at the risk of my marriage, because it’s my wife’s secret family recipe (this style of hot dog sauce is a local specialty of her hometown), and she’ll have me by the short and curlies if she finds out - I’m the cook of the family, and I don’t think I got to see it in its broken down ingredients until we’d been married 10 years! :laugh:

2-hour point, 6 to go:

IMG_8670.jpeg

I don’t think so, but I will, at the risk of my marriage, because it’s my wife’s secret family recipe (this style of hot dog sauce is a local specialty of her hometown), and she’ll have me by the short and curlies if she finds out - I’m the cook of the family, and I don’t think I got to see it in its broken down ingredients until we’d been married 10 years! :laugh:

2-hour point, 6 to go:

View attachment 115591

I promise I won't say anything to her!

I think if there's one thing I actually despise, it's deep-fried chicken or a chicken burger. don't get me wrong; I'd probably eat it, but it would rate on the scale between monkey brains and pig's trotters.:D:D
WHY??? Chicken breast is a delicate meat (and yes, I know, everyone dislikes chicken breasts) so to deep- fry it, and add buns to it, well...you may as well deep-fry a tenderloin, slather it with ketchup, sriracha sauce and garlic sauce and serve it between two slices of Wonderloaf. :cool: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

At about 10.30am this morning I got a call from my DIL.
"There's going to be a parade and fireworks tonight going down towards the town, so could you just take a couple of chairs there and bag a place for us? Right in front of the schoo? "
It was about 86F (30C) at that time, so off I went, lugging 2 chairs behind me, only to realise that my sense of geography is absolutely hopeless and "in front of the school" was about a mile away.
When I finally got home ( because I had this primal urge to buy a bottle of cabernet sauvignon, which was 50 yds further on), I felt like I'd just run a marathon in winter clothes.
Then I looked up the weather and it said :
Isolated thunderstorms, 7pm- 8pm. Thunderstorms 9pm - 10pm.
july 4th.jpg

and loads of rain:laugh::laugh:

I felt like I'd just run a marathon in winter clothes.
Oh, I know. I parked the car about 10 minutes’ walk from Kroger today and footed it in - 10 minutes later, walked into the store, and…immediately felt like I was going to be sick. I had to go sit down for a few minutes to settle my stomach.

The heat index at my house right now is 98F/37C, and the highest I’ve seen it this summer so far is 99F.

Some people naturally run more dehydrated than others, sample no 3 needs to take more water with it...

View attachment 115589
or perhaps it's the spirits for litre pitchers of Long Island Ice Tea premixed (minus the lime and cola). Oh do like a bit of chilled prep 😂
Upon 1st glance it looks like urine samples...

WHY??? Chicken breast is a delicate meat (and yes, I know, everyone dislikes chicken breasts) so to deep- fry it, and add buns to it, well...you may as well deep-fry a tenderloin, slather it with ketchup, sriracha sauce and garlic sauce and serve it between two slices of Wonderloaf. :cool: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I've done that! No ketchup or sriracha, I used mayonnaise and mustard with pickles. And put it on brioche lol.

Hot dog sauce all done:

IMG_8674.jpeg

It really does need the full 8-hour cook time - it comes out with a consistency not unlike wet cement, so it really stays on the dog, instead of running off in every direction.

Back
Top Bottom