Dubious seasonal product versions

I don't know if you are joking or serious? Not in my world! In the USA it would be highly unusual.
No joke, Monster Munch are strongly flavoured puffed crisps beloved of children here!
If you got Monster Munch rather than plain crisps you had a lunch box win!

The original flavour

IMG_2506.jpeg

With pickled onion flavour following hot on its heels!
IMG_2507.jpeg

Of course when you have a crisp love in childhood you always have a spot for them in adulthood too.
Haven’t had any in decades because they contain wheat but I still feel affectionate towards Monster Munch!

I was closing tabs and on the page I searched for a monster munch pic on it had this in the commonly asked questions bit under the top row of pics-

View attachment 118863

Maybe the US would enjoy some after all? 😂
I can get it at Jungle Jim’s, but I have to reach past the Walker’s pickled onion crisps to get at it, and my hand stops at the crisps!

No joke, Monster Munch are strongly flavoured puffed crisps beloved of children here!

The original flavour

View attachment 118861

View attachment 118862

Of course when you have a crisp love in childhood you always have a spot for them in adulthood too.
Haven’t had any in decades because they contain wheat but I still feel affectionate towards Monster Munch!
Yeah I had no idea what they were. I was talking about things with onions in them, LOL! So yeah, the pickled onion thing, probably wouldn't be popular, although over here some youngsters like Funions, which are an onion crunchy snack.

although over here some youngsters like Funions, which are an onion crunchy snack.
I love Funyuns! The worst breath known to humankind comes from eating Funyuns. Funyuns and Munchos are at the top of the snack mountain.

Yeah I had no idea what they were. I was talking about things with onions in them, LOL! So yeah, the pickled onion thing, probably wouldn't be popular, although over here some youngsters like Funions, which are an onion crunchy snack.
Ah from your post I thought you were saying they wouldn’t like pickled onion monster munch!

Ah from your post I thought you were saying they wouldn’t like pickled onion monster munch!
Right, the first post from Lullabelle showed a pickled onion condiment with onion monster munch printed on it...I had no idea it was named after a crisp.

The original flavour

View attachment 118861

View attachment 118862

I can't recall seeing meat flavored crisps before! Are those snacks made out of potatoes?

Right, the first post from Lullabelle showed a pickled onion condiment with onion monster munch printed on it...I had no idea it was named after a crisp.

I can't recall seeing meat flavored crisps before! Are those snacks made out of potatoes?

They used to be made from potato powder and potato starch. What’s generally called ‘a reformed potato snack’ which sounds appetising doesn’t it! Looks like they’re made from maize now.

Really no meat flavoured crisps? They are big business over here!

They used to be made from potato powder and potato starch. What’s generally called ‘a reformed potato snack’ which sounds appetising doesn’t it! Looks like they’re made from maize now.

Really no meat flavoured crisps? They are big business over here!
We have something similar to what they used to be here called Pringles. Lots of different flavors but can't recall seeing meat flavor.

Back
Top Bottom