Dubious seasonal product versions

No joke, Monster Munch are strongly flavoured puffed crisps beloved of children here!
If you got Monster Munch rather than plain crisps you had a lunch box win!

The original flavour

View attachment 118861

With pickled onion flavour following hot on its heels!
View attachment 118862

Of course when you have a crisp love in childhood you always have a spot for them in adulthood too.
Haven’t had any in decades because they contain wheat but I still feel affectionate towards Monster Munch!

Pickled onion is a favourite of mine even as an adult. TVC refuses to kiss me after I have had a packet :laugh:

They used to be made from potato powder and potato starch. What’s generally called ‘a reformed potato snack’ which sounds appetising doesn’t it! Looks like they’re made from maize now.

Really no meat flavoured crisps? They are big business over here!

Roast chicken, smoky bacon are big walkers flavours.

No salt and vinegar?
I'm probably a little bit older than you ( a few months :cool: ) but I remember the first crisps being just plain, with salt.Then came cheese & onion, followed by salt & vinegar in 1967. Then all of a sudden there were OXO flavour, prawn cocktail, tomato sauce, BBQ chicken and a whole host of others.
In 2018, Walker's held a competition for new flavoured crisps. The outright winner was Onion Bhaji flavour, although there were some really wierd offerings: Walker's Crisp Competition

I'm probably a little bit older than you ( a few months :cool: ) but I remember the first crisps being just plain, with salt.Then came cheese & onion, followed by salt & vinegar in 1967. Then all of a sudden there were OXO flavour, prawn cocktail, tomato sauce, BBQ chicken and a whole host of others.
In 2018, Walker's held a competition for new flavoured crisps. The outright winner was Onion Bhaji flavour, although there were some really wierd offerings: Walker's Crisp Competition

I remember BBQ and roast chicken arriving on the crisp scene and the flavours competition.
Hands down worse flavour crisps I ever endured were Brussel Sprout flavour.

IMG_2569.jpeg

You want to try a dubious seasonal version this is the daddy! 😂

Back
Top Bottom