Plans for today (2023)

We got home a couple of hours ago and I had to take a nap. I was a little bit hungover so it took a lot out of me to drive 1.25 hours, LOL.

Our kids (adult children) were all very exhausted and very hungover at brunch this morning. After the wedding reception last night they had a pool party and were up until about 2:30 a.m. (we were invited but had the good sense to go back to our room and drink water instead). So they had to get up by 8 a.m. to shower, get ready for the brunch, pack, and checkout of their rooms, then drive back to Akron. Middle daughter and her husband are flying out tomorrow and have to go back to work Tuesday a.m., and our youngest and her fiancee are both working tomorrow. Youngest daughter has to drive to Indianapolis (5 hours away) so she has to leave at 2 a.m. I remember when I used to be able to "go go go" like that. Those days have long passed. Oh, to be young again!

I just got through eating some tacos for a late lunch and might lie back down...

Nephew's wedding was yesterday, everything was beautiful 😍 ❤ and the food was excellent. Friday we checked into the hotel. The wedding was on site.

Interesting and well-laid out place. Our suite is large, beautifully furnished, and elegant. The bathroom floor tiles heat up, we have fluffy terrycloth robes, four poster bed, couch, kitchenette, fireplace...the grounds are lovely as well.

Checking out today after brunch.

View attachment 101686
View attachment 101660
View attachment 101659
View attachment 101662
View attachment 101658
View attachment 101687
Everything looks spectacular a d fabulous! The only exception (to my UK eyes) is the bathroom. The tiles look very dated in style and colour and the bathroom fittings are not wow. And is that a plastic folding door?

Everything looks spectacular a d fabulous! The only exception (to my UK eyes) is the bathroom. The tiles look very dated in style and colour and the bathroom fittings are not wow. And is that a plastic folding door?
I think they were trying to make it look older. I didn't see any plastic doors. Are you referring to the glass shower door?
20230623_160649.jpg

20230623_160800.jpg

The ceiling was pretty neat too.
20230623_160736.jpg

I liked our hotel room door.
20230624_132910.jpg

And all the water fountains on the property.
20230623_205059.jpg

Last edited:
We got home a couple of hours ago and I had to take a nap. I was a little bit hungover so it took a lot out of me to drive 1.25 hours, LOL.

Our kids (adult children) were all very exhausted and very hungover at brunch this morning. After the wedding reception last night they had a pool party and were up until about 2:30 a.m. (we were invited but had the good sense to go back to our room and drink water instead). So they had to get up by 8 a.m. to shower, get ready for the brunch, pack, and checkout of their rooms, then drive back to Akron. Middle daughter and her husband are flying out tomorrow and have to go back to work Tuesday a.m., and our youngest and her fiancee are both working tomorrow. Youngest daughter has to drive to Indianapolis (5 hours away) so she has to leave at 2 a.m. I remember when I used to be able to "go go go" like that. Those days have long passed. Oh, to be young again!

I just got through eating some tacos for a late lunch and might lie back down...
Hang over. Na Na! Been there, done that.

Back
Top Bottom