Plans for today (2023)

A lot to do today - we’re driving six hours to Pennsylvania tomorrow, so today, in addition to work, I have to mow the grass, get the car food together, give the house a once-over, pack, and go over the route again.

We’ve been there enough, I can drive it without directions, but I like going a slightly different way each time, because every way so far is absolutely horrible. Going through the Allegheny Mountains is pretty, but difficult.

A lot to do today - we’re driving six hours to Pennsylvania tomorrow, so today, in addition to work, I have to mow the grass, get the car food together, give the house a once-over, pack, and go over the route again.

We’ve been there enough, I can drive it without directions, but I like going a slightly different way each time, because every way so far is absolutely horrible. Going through the Allegheny Mountains is pretty, but difficult.
Safe travels tomorrow! The Allegheny mountains are indeed beautiful.

I'm hosting a 13-player poker game tonight. Tomorrow I'm hosting a birthday dinner for my daughter-in-law. This morning will be prep work for both.

PXL_20230811_112848993.jpg

Going swimming/sunning for the afternoon at my friend's house (who lives out in the country). Just finished coffee and packing a cooler. Gotta stop and get her some White Claw, she likes those seltzer thingys. I am just having plain water, a bit early for drinking and I don't like those things much anyway. I could get beer but like I said, a bit too early...

Pork thawed for the Vindaloo, and vindaloo marinade done.
Garlic/Ginger paste done.
Filling for samosas, done.
Spinach cleaned and cooked for Aloo Saag.
Dal is soaking (although not really necessary) and split peas (necessary) soaking for the Vadas.
Spices checked, because I've got to talk about them.
That only leaves me about 20 things to do tomorrow... :eek: :eek: :wacky: :wacky: :laugh: :laugh:

Everyone's cooking. Saturday here so shopping and prepping for tomorrow.
Birthday boy has pre ordered
Samosas and bhajees entree
Corned beef n carrots with dauphinoise.
Coke spiders.

Farmer I buy direct from for potatoes and carrots.

I'm making also today my pate. Wife has to put on morning tea for her co workers
Wife has requested pate, my curry onions and gerkins/ pickles.

Russ

Gearing up for tonight's "Guided Dinner" . I'm preparing 9 different dishes (some extremely complex, like white rice :laugh: :laugh:) for 12 people and I'm going to walk them through how the dishes are prepared. All Indian food, and not a speck of curry powder in sight. I'm making an authentic pork vindaloo, a chicken rizzala (cream and fresh herbs), potato & spinach, creamy mustard-flecked carrots with yoghurt, tiny green lentils, naan bread, samosas and vadas - a sort of mini falafel with spices. All chutneys and achars (hot pickles) are home made. Should be fun!

Back
Top Bottom