Plans for today (2023)

Lionel Messi is playing tonight at Toyota Stadium in Frisco, in a match pitting FC Dallas and Inter Miami. If it weren't so stinking hot, I wouldn't have minded going to see the hoopla.

I won't be going the HEB this evening, for sure. The store is a couple of blocks from the stadium, and I'd have to drive right past the stadium to get there. :laugh:

CD

Lionel Messi is playing tonight at Toyota Stadium in Frisco, in a match pitting FC Dallas and Inter Miami. If it weren't so stinking hot, I wouldn't have minded going to see the hoopla.
<div class="tenor-gif-embed" data-postid="12443056" data-share-method="host" data-aspect-ratio="1.86" data-width="100%"><a href="Jim Carrey Liar Liar GIF - Jim Carrey Liar Liar Funny - Discover & Share GIFs">Jim Carrey Liar Liar GIF</a>from <a href="Jim+carrey GIFs | Tenor">Jim Carrey GIFs</a></div> <script type="text/javascript" async src="https://tenor.com/embed.js"></script>

Thats what that sounds like to me 😆

Per the usual, I kept my "plans" to myself so I can congratulate myself when I actually got something done. I had thought I would clean and organize something, and it was the top of my desk, which had just become a clutter bomb, LOL. I dusted and shredded stuff, now my bins are neat and tidy. I also dumped some old vitamins. I am still working on it and may get to some of my files in the filing cabinets today or tomorrow.

A joke that fell flat!
These words “Lionel Messi is playing tonight at Toyota Stadium in Frisco, in a match pitting FC Dallas and Inter Miami. If it weren't so stinking hot, I wouldn't have minded going to see the hoopla.“
are so alien to me it sounded like gobbledygook, I got the place names are playing a game against each other in Frisco but thats it 😆

Whats a hoopla?

A joke that fell flat!
These words “Lionel Messi is playing tonight at Toyota Stadium in Frisco, in a match pitting FC Dallas and Inter Miami. If it weren't so stinking hot, I wouldn't have minded going to see the hoopla.“
are so alien to me it sounded like gobbledygook, I got the place names are playing a game against each other in Frisco but thats it 😆

Whats a hoopla?
No worries, I didn't understand much of it either. I do know that CD lives in or near Frisco (Texas) and I'm guessing that there's (was) some event going on there. Granted it's a place that's a 20 hour drive from where I live but you'd think with us living in the same country...and you'd be wrong!

After requests to “please come and help us, we don’t know what we’re doing” I’m off to Brizzle to help with the decorating.

I’ve decided my help will be limited mostly to advice like “mind the sugar soap going into the socket” “don’t unscrew a light fitting using the wire for leverage” (yes that one happened over a FaceTime call yesterday 😱) “yes that is the boilers immersion switch” “no no you really do have to paint the ceiling first” 🙄

Suspect I’ll be doing any measuring, marking and drilling but that’s ok, I can’t abide it when that stuff get mucked up, it’s too difficult to correct. At least son has said he’ll make lunch and they did do a very entertaining rendition of how they’re getting on by impersonating two apes knocking things over 😆

Whats a hoopla?
I don’t know, but when you’re knee-deep in it, you’ll figure it out.

Knee Deep in the Hoopla - Wikipediahttps://youtu.be/pHwV0kKgA4s

caseydog - don’t worry, I understood everything you said, and I’m the least sporty fellow here. Folks, allow me to translate:

Some famous soccer/football guy is playing at the local stadium in Frisco, Dallas’ club against Miami’s. CD would like to have gone, but it was just too hot outside to put up with all crowds and bluster associated with the match.

:thankyou:

A joke that fell flat!

Whats a hoopla?

Hoopla is defined as "an unnecessary fuss surrounding something." In this case, it is Argentine Soccer/Football star Lionel Messi joining an American MLS (Major League Soccer) soccer team. Kinda' like when David Beckham Joined the Los Angeles MLS team some years ago.

FC Dallas MLS team plays in a dedicated soccer stadium in old town Frisco. Messi was making his first appearance here last evening.

1691415535357.png

CD

A joke that fell flat!

Whats a hoopla?
Oh, and I read it to my husband and he said, "Is it hot in San Francisco?" I said no, Frisco, and I repeated it. He apparently knew what hoopla was, kinda, but I don't think he got the rest :laugh:

Got my 6th covid jab this morning, on my doctor’s recommendation, since I’ll be out of the country for nearly three weeks this autumn.

It’s an aggravating process. They won’t do walk-ins, and they won’t schedule it for you, you have to schedule it yourself online. That process takes a solid 15-20 minutes, because it asks question after question after question (including requiring to put my birthdate in four times - you can’t capture that the first time I put it in?).

Questions about shot history, medical history, insurance (all that, they already have on file as I’ve gotten my previous shots there), eligibility questions, etc.

Finally, scheduled all up, arrive at the appointed time, and…had to go through a majority of the same questions again (including birthdate), taking another 10 minutes of registering, and then what?

“You’ll need to wait 30 minutes. No one took your dose out of the freezer, so it’s too cold to give it to you right now.”

Why bother with making the appointment?! - Oh yeah, because it’s required. 🤪

Got my 6th covid jab this morning, on my doctor’s recommendation, since I’ll be out of the country for nearly three weeks this autumn.

It’s an aggravating process. They won’t do walk-ins, and they won’t schedule it for you, you have to schedule it yourself online. That process takes a solid 15-20 minutes, because it asks question after question after question (including requiring to put my birthdate in four times - you can’t capture that the first time I put it in?).

Questions about shot history, medical history, insurance (all that, they already have on file as I’ve gotten my previous shots there), eligibility questions, etc.

Finally, scheduled all up, arrive at the appointed time, and…had to go through a majority of the same questions again (including birthdate), taking another 10 minutes of registering, and then what?

“You’ll need to wait 30 minutes. No one took your dose out of the freezer, so it’s too cold to give it to you right now.”

Why bother with making the appointment?! - Oh yeah, because it’s required. 🤪
Thanks for the reminder. I have been vaxxed (2 shots several weeks apart) and boosted twice, but I only remember my boosters being 1 shot and they didn't let me get more than 2 boosters, are you sure you aren't on jab 5?

Yep - I’ve got six entries on my vax card - they had to continue it on the back!
Maybe I have an extra jab in there that I forgot about. I will have to double check. At any rate, I need/want the new booster. I heard on the news the other day that they were anticipating a fall wave. I just don't know if what new strain out there now is protected by the new booster, I honestly haven't been keeping up with it like I used to...

I honestly haven't been keeping up with it like I used to...
The only way I remembered was because my patient portal crapola said I was overdue, and I thought, “Bull💩, I’ve had five shots!” so I asked my doc and she told me to get it.

Back
Top Bottom