Plans for today (2023)

My saturday plans were a little too optimistic, dancing and going to CF 3 days was some wishful thinking. I am obviously still doing better than last year, and my meds are working pretty well but walking almost all day on feet that hurt from the start is really hard. I bought a cane at the end of the day which helped me get to the car (which took me an hour for about 3.5 miles) but we were home at about 16.00.

Tomorrow I'll be going again, my husband is there on his own today. More than one consecutive day was just not possible for me, and neither was dancing. But I am fine with it, it's still better than last year. And good enough to get a spot on the campingsite next year, which will make things easier.

So today I'm just going to relax so I can go back tomorrow with a different costume on!
Thats a little bittersweet isn’t it but I’m impressed with how you’re reframing it into a positive, many people don’t have such a great skill at their disposal.
And like you say tomorrow is another day when you will go to the ball!

Thats a little bittersweet isn’t it but I’m impressed with how you’re reframing it into a positive, many people don’t have such a great skill at their disposal.
And like you say tomorrow is another day when you will go to the ball!
I think my optimism is what kept me going all these years, I've never been the kind of person to stay down for long. There's always much to be grateful for, if you're open to it!

I think my optimism is what kept me going all these years, I've never been the kind of person to stay down for long. There's always much to be grateful for, if you're open to it!
I do love a positive person! It’s so easy to get bogged down, it’s a real skill to acknowledge the bad stuff, stay positive and look for the things that make you happy. Lots of people go down rabbit holes and stay there!

Having said that I’ve woken up tired and a bit grumpy so that’s just made me laugh! Thanks 😆

Things have taken an entertaining turn. Mr SSOAP is out all day and the boys are busy in Bristol prepping the walls for painting so I’m in the very rare position of being on my own all day 👏

What do to, what to do?!!

I decided to do something I’ve never done before. Ordering food for just myself.
It felt ever so strange but like a naughty fun quietly adding cod n chips n mushy peas to be delivered while watching Mr SSOAP getting ready to leave in the knowledge I have a cheeky takeaway for one heading this way 🤭

I’ve never had a battered sausage before (I have very low expectations of that) owing to there never being chip shop with a dedicated gluten free fryer near me until recently so Uber eats will be bringing Cod n chips and mushy peas and the likely bin fated battered sausage at lunch time.

I was thinking I bet someone comes home and I get caught when Mr Slowly kissed me goodbye and announced as a reward for the work he is doing for free today we will be having takeaway later 🤪
I just smiled, I’m hoping it’s not fish and chips 😆

I bought a cane at the end of the day which helped me get to the car (which took me an hour for about 3.5 miles)
I’m sorry he day didn’t quite live up to expectations, but good on ya for not letting it get you down.

I must comment on the above quote: that ain’t slow! I participated in structured volksmarches for about five years, 6.2 miles, and those would take a good two hours, head down and walking with purpose. An hour to walk 3.5 miles, and with a cane? Slow down, girl, you’re gonna run someone over! :wink:

Things have taken an entertaining turn. Mr SSOAP is out all day and the boys are busy in Bristol prepping the walls for painting so I’m in the very rare position of being on my own all day 👏
Oh, I love when that happens! I always tell myself, “I’m going to get some weeds pulled, and straighten up the fridge innards, and make a cake, and practice some piano, and take a bath, and go shopping, and…”

…then I pop a frozen pizza in the oven and watch 1970’s Italian horror movies all day, still in my underpants. :laugh:

I’m sorry he day didn’t quite live up to expectations, but good on ya for not letting it get you down.

I must comment on the above quote: that ain’t slow! I participated in structured volksmarches for about five years, 6.2 miles, and those would take a good two hours, head down and walking with purpose. An hour to walk 3.5 miles, and with a cane? Slow down, girl, you’re gonna run someone over! :wink:
We Europeans are used to walking, you got to keep that in mind. At my normal speed I walk about 4,3 miles an hour. And I used to be even faster, because most of my life I've transported myself on foot. I used to walk at least two hours a day, now I still walk about 45 mins a day minimum.

But the festival required me to walk six hours straight with little breaks, and then walk back to my car. For what I am used to it took forever, at least that's how it felt.

New chances tomorrow, fingers crossed that the car will be closer to the entrance!

I've got a Barbie pink costume planned :laugh:

I had absolutely nothing planned for today, except doing some gardening. By the time I'd made breakfast (for disabled son) and been to the supermarket, it was almost 10.30, so forget gardening.
Then I turned on the TV and saw that there was rugby on - preparation games for the Rugby World Cup in September.
I watched Scotland v France - great game; England v Wales - England were appalling, careless, lacking creativity, predictable; then finally Argentina vs South Africa. Another good game, although the SA kicker was dreadful.

I had absolutely nothing planned for today, except doing some gardening. By the time I'd made breakfast (for disabled son) and been to the supermarket, it was almost 10.30, so forget gardening.
Then I turned on the TV and saw that there was rugby on - preparation games for the Rugby World Cup in September.
I watched Scotland v France - great game; England v Wales - England were appalling, careless, lacking creativity, predictable; then finally Argentina vs South Africa. Another good game, although the SA kicker was dreadful.
Englands woeful performance had Mr SSOAP turning the air blue 😆

With an expected high temperature of 107F/42C, I won't be doing anything outside the rest of today.

CD

I'd planned to weed the garden this morning. Well, 10 metres of the garden, anyway. Only another 20 to go...
When the rain comes down, the damned weeds grow like crazy and the ground is waterlogged, so it's twice as hard to remove them. Anyway, mission partly accomplished. If it doesn't rain any more, I can do some more tomorrow.
Next plan is to make a marinated bocconcini,grilled zucchini and Parma ham salad. I'm sure I got the recipe from watching Emeril Lagasse; my wife swears it was Mario Batali. Never mind - the salad is just divine.
Then I'm going to make some Peach Chutney. Peaches were cheap this week, so that's a good excuse.

Back
Top Bottom