Plans for today (2023)

I think selfcare is very important. I get a massage 3-4x year and pedicures 6x a year. Taking care physically is good for your mind, too.
Although I would probably say I’ve spent the vast majority of my life fairly well groomed with a love of good schmatta, I never really thought very much about it other than some people like that sort of thing some don’t.

Then a shallow airhead beautician friend of mine who IMO places far too much stock in appearance said it is important, the care you take of yourself on the outside reflects how you feel on the inside.

I have to say shallow or not I think she’s got that one right.

I'm Fixin' to run a few errands while it is only 93F/34C outside. It's supposed to hit 106F/41C later today.

CD

Although I would probably say I’ve spent the vast majority of my life fairly well groomed with a love of good schmatta, I never really thought very much about it other than some people like that sort of thing some don’t.

Then a shallow airhead beautician friend of mine who IMO places far too much stock in appearance said it is important, the care you take of yourself on the outside reflects how you feel on the inside.

I have to say shallow or not I think she’s got that one right.
I am a retired massage therapist so am a huge advocate of massage, especially deep tissue. I made sure to find a good pedicurist who does reflexology, so I feel really good when I leave there. The toes look pretty, which is a bonus. I can't seem to keep polish on my fingernails due to housecleaning/cooking so I just keep them filed neatly and my hands well-moisturized. I do this myself. I also make sure to keep my facial skin and hair moisturized. My hair tends to get out of control with wet, humid weather at times, LOL. But overall I always try to present a neat and tidy appearance when I leave the house.

I am going to go work for a few hours this afternoon. I was going to wait until Thursday but hey, why not. I am working a bit tomorrow afternoon as well, then off Fri-Sunday. It's my MILs birthday this weekend so we are doing family stuff Friday night and Saturday, then I will need Sunday to recover. Haven't figured out next week just yet.

I got my errands done.

One was getting the last of my money out of PNC Bank. The teller was very nice, and said, "Sorry to see you leave." He then asked if I had been with BBVA Compass, and I told him, "Yes, for over twenty years." He just nodded knowingly.

I almost stopped at a restaurant I like for lunch, but resisted the temptation, and went home for lunch.

CD

Sitting here waiting for one of my sons to return home because I have a large pile of shiny new tools in a huge tool box for them, including a rather swanky drill. It was all heavy and unwieldy but I was determined to wrap it up.
It would have been very difficult to wrap some of the lumpy weighty stuff in normal wrapping paper (and cost an arm and a leg) so I did a bit of brown paper stamping for the first time.
Happy with it, looks great wrapped up. When its all unwrapped I’ll re roll it and use the plain side for posting parcels 👍
IMG_0770.jpeg

We going to Castlefest | Where fantasy becomes your reality starting tomorrow, these are my plans:

Today:
-Sort my costume for the Fantasy festival
- Buy rain coats
- Pack useful things

Tomorrow:
- Go to reading about medieval food
- Relax, dance, meet friends
- Show off costume if it's not raining

Saturday:
- Go to bellydance workshop
- Get henna done on hands & arms (might do this at another time when it's dry )
I likely won't wear a costume saturday as it's predicted to be almost nonstop rain.

Sunday:
- Eat at stalls I have not been to yet, Vikingfood being a priority this year
- Watch bands
- Show off second costume
- Buy mead

We going to Castlefest | Where fantasy becomes your reality starting tomorrow, these are my plans:

Today:
- Buy rain coats
- Pack useful things

Tomorrow:

Saturday:
I likely won't wear a costume saturday as it's predicted to be almost nonstop rain.

Sunday:
- Watch bands
- Buy mead
Sounds like a wonderful time, especially the medieval food reading.

OK so I can actually use both in this context? I understand a lecture can also mean a stern talking to
It was understood what you meant. I usually see a lecture as an intense delivery of information in an educational setting, which can be enjoyable if you like the subject and/or the college professor. Definitely not fun getting lectured by a parent!

I like your terminology better, "reading" sounds more relaxed and enjoyable.

Today:
- Buy rain coats
- Pack useful things

Tomorrow:

Saturday:

Sunday:
- Watch bands
- Buy mead
We will get to see these costumes won’t we? We’d like to I’m sure 👍

Back
Top Bottom