Plans for today (2023)

Since I had some very heavy working days and I’m off today, I am going to be pampered by hairdresser this morning, lunch out, and having a manicure in the afternoon. I hope I won’t be too much stressed 😁

No pedicure? My ex-wife took me to her nail salon and bought us both a manicure and pedicure. The manicure was pleasant, but the pedicure was amazing. My feet needed a lot of work, but I liked it. It was very relaxing. After everything, my hands looked good, and my feet felt great.

My ex said, "I told you you would like that." :laugh: She was right.

We did spa treatments together a couple times a year. Usually a hot mineral bath, steam, and then full body message. She talked me into some funky herbal facial treatment once. I did not like that one bit.

CD

Today’s the last day of my vacation. We got back from the cottage yesterday, so today is for laundry, and final hurrah being on vacay, and trying hard not to think about having to go back to the office tomorrow.
We always build in a day off after coming home, just to adjust to the idea of work, but lately, I’ve told MrsT I need two days!

I'm calling old friends today. I already called my friend/mentor in NYC. We had a nice discussion. He's working on his next book of photographs. 400 pages. A retrospective. Harper Collins is publishing it -- that's a good publisher. I plan to go to NYC this fall. Looks like late October. I plan to spend the first night at the TWA hotel at JFK Airport. It was once the TWA terminal, designed by Eero Saarinen. It was empty for many years, but is now a hotel, with rooms with period furnishings designed by Eero Saarinen. I'm an architectural history junky, so I have to spend a night there and take a lot of pictures.

Later, I'll call my best friend of 45 years in Port Arthur. That will likely be a 2 hour plus call. We start talking, and don't stop until our ears hurt. :laugh:

I need to call my sister, too, to check on the parents.

I'm so glad for cell phone service with unlimited minutes for 50-bucks -- the T-Mobile "seniors" plan. :okay:

CD

I live in the country where electrical service fails a couple of times per year. We had an outage Friday night. When they restored the power on Saturday there was apparently a serious surge because it took out one of the circuit breakers and my range hood (cooker fan?) So today I bought and installed a new one. I didn't really want to spend $220 replacing a product that was working perfectly on Friday but so it goes. I like the switches on the new one better so that would be the silver lining to the cloud. So my day was spent recovering from the outage. I'm not even cooking anything today.

We always build in a day off after coming home, just to adjust to the idea of work, but lately, I’ve told MrsT I need two days!
I got home last Monday and still haven't gone back to work.

I didn't make a plan for today other than cooking breakfast and washing dishes, but I managed to organize the cabinet where I keep plastic drinking cups and coffee mugs, descale and thoroughly clean the coffee maker and refillable pods, wash the backsplash behind the canisters, and wipe the canisters down and polish them. Not a lot considering what needs to be done, lol. If I aim low I won't disappoint myself.

Maybe I'll go back to work by Thursday.

My day is nearly done. I have done very little but it's Sunday, the day of rest so I consider I've won.
I've booked a room for a couple of nights near Brighton so I'll be able to see my brother, his wife and new baby which is nice.
Well it was nice until I read the recent reviews for the restaurant, sounds like they have a new and not brilliant chef as the hundreds of five star reviews suddenly drop to 1 star complaints in the most recent section 😬

Heyho I'd be staying there regardless as the bikes will be safe, I wouldn't leave them on a city seafront and expect them to be there in the morning!

No pedicure? My ex-wife took me to her nail salon and bought us both a manicure and pedicure. The manicure was pleasant, but the pedicure was amazing. My feet needed a lot of work, but I liked it. It was very relaxing. After everything, my hands looked good, and my feet felt great.

My ex said, "I told you you would like that." :laugh: She was right.

We did spa treatments together a couple times a year. Usually a hot mineral bath, steam, and then full body message. She talked me into some funky herbal facial treatment once. I did not like that one bit.

CD

I had Pedicure a few days earlier 😊
I like it to pamper myself once in a while and when I can, I don't deny myself a massage once in a while either.

I'm not a freak about these things, nothing special, I just like to feel better and have nice hands/feet/hair.

I had Pedicure a few days earlier 😊
I like it to pamper myself once in a while and when I can, I don't deny myself a massage once in a while either.

I'm not a freak about these things, nothing special, I just like to feel better and have nice hands/feet/hair.
I think selfcare is very important. I get a massage 3-4x year and pedicures 6x a year. Taking care physically is good for your mind, too.

Back
Top Bottom