Plans for today (2023)

We will get to see these costumes won’t we? We’d like to I’m sure 👍
1691110459174.png

I love this one she posted in a different thread. Just gorgeous contouring on an already beautiful face!

Hopefully, I’ll be playing with my new vacuum cleaner/hoover today.

I ordered it Friday, from Sam’s Club, it shipped on Monday, and showed “out for delivery” (FedEx) as of 3:47AM Thursday morning (yesterday), with an expected delivery time of 2:30PM yesterday.

At about 2PM, that changed to “end of day Thursday,” which is 8PM, according to their website.

8PM came and went, no machine. Checked the status this morning:

Sam’s Club “Your Orders” page shows Saturday end of day for delivery. Click for more details, it still shows Thursday (yesterday) as expected delivery date.

Follow the clicks to FedEx, it shows Saturday as expected delivery, click on more details there, and it shows today at 2:30PM as expected delivery.

🤷‍♂️

All the various pages say it’s on the truck and out for delivery.

…and people wonder why I don’t like to order stuff! 😠

My main to-do item was to mow, trim and edge the backyard, then water it. I did that at 8AM, when it was only 86F/30C outside.

It is 104F/40C right now. My azz is inside with an iced beverage.

CD

I need to Dyson the house soon. :D

CD
Well, it showed up finally. I popped it together (it’s a Shark) and the last thing they have you do is store the two attachments on the little storage posts on the vacuum body.

One problem…the post on the one side, the hose connection gets in the way and neither attachment will fit.

I thought it was just me missing the forest for the trees, so I popped onto YT for a quick check - sure enough, there are videos pointing out the design flaw.

Oh well. Not too fussed about it. As long as it sucks up dirt, I’m fine.

Well, it showed up finally. I popped it together (it’s a Shark) and the last thing they have you do is store the two attachments on the little storage posts on the vacuum body.

One problem…the post on the one side, the hose connection gets in the way and neither attachment will fit.

I thought it was just me missing the forest for the trees, so I popped onto YT for a quick check - sure enough, there are videos pointing out the design flaw.

Oh well. Not too fussed about it. As long as it sucks up dirt, I’m fine.

Teddy chewed a dog toy into a thousand little rubber pieces... under my bed. My big Dyson won't fit under there, and the smaller cordless one can't handle that kind of mess. I need to bring my shop vac in to use but it smells bad. I need to wash it out thoroughly, and replace the filter before I can use it in the house.

Yes, first world problems.

CD

Teddy chewed a dog toy into a thousand little rubber pieces... under my bed. My big Dyson won't fit under there, and the smaller cordless one can't handle that kind of mess. I need to bring my shop vac in to use but it smells bad. I need to wash it out thoroughly, and replace the filter before I can use it in the house.

Yes, first world problems.

CD
Yep a dilemma over which one of your three vacuums to use is pretty first world 😆

Having said that Miele is the only vacuum worth owning. 20 plus years you get out of one of those beggars!
I'm not familiar with that brand, but I have 3 vacuum cleaners. The best one is my Rainbow (16 years old and still fabulous) with a water filtration system. I use that for deep cleaning. I have an ancient Oreck vacuum cleaner (24 years) that works just fine and is strictly for upstairs where no one really goes (guest room, stair foyer, and hubby's office). My 3rd vacuum (Shark, 2 years old) gets used the most for just general vacuuming downstairs.

I'm not familiar with that brand, but I have 3 vacuum cleaners. The best one is my Rainbow (16 years old and still fabulous) with a water filtration system. I use that for deep cleaning. I have an ancient Oreck vacuum cleaner (24 years) that works just fine and is strictly for upstairs where no one really goes (guest room, stair foyer, and hubby's office). My 3rd vacuum (Shark, 2 years old) gets used the most for just general vacuuming downstairs.

My ex-wife had a Rainbow. I hated that thing. She used it, I used my Sanitaire upright. My parents had a couple of Orecks, and loved them. I should have grabbed one when they moved.

I've heard of Miele vacuums, but don't know much about them. Or should I say Miele Hoovers. :laugh:

CD

My ex-wife had a Rainbow. I hated that thing. She used it, I used my Sanitaire upright. My parents had a couple of Orecks, and loved them. I should have grabbed one when they moved.

I've heard of Miele vacuums, but don't know much about them. Or should I say Miele Hoovers. :laugh:

CD
It’s one of the few brands that’s still built with longevity at the forefront of the design. You pay a lot more for that privilege but they expect a minimum of ten years use out of a Miele product regardless of abuse, most of their products have a 20+ year lifespan including hard use items like washing machines. This means they use a good quality motor and other components so you get pleasure from using a machine that’s meant for a chore.

My first Miele vacuum is now 22 years old and still going strong, it’s down in the yard so gets used for vacuuming all sorts of awful things but maintains a ridiculous level of suction regardless.

I have a handheld Dyson for the other end of the house and I’m not impressed. It wasn’t cheap and it doesn’t perform anywhere near as well as the Miele.
Dyson hairdryers and fans however are fantastic.

My saturday plans were a little too optimistic, dancing and going to CF 3 days was some wishful thinking. I am obviously still doing better than last year, and my meds are working pretty well but walking almost all day on feet that hurt from the start is really hard. I bought a cane at the end of the day which helped me get to the car (which took me an hour for about 3.5 miles) but we were home at about 16.00.

Tomorrow I'll be going again, my husband is there on his own today. More than one consecutive day was just not possible for me, and neither was dancing. But I am fine with it, it's still better than last year. And good enough to get a spot on the campingsite next year, which will make things easier.

So today I'm just going to relax so I can go back tomorrow with a different costume on!

Back
Top Bottom