Plans for today (2023)

Gearing up for tonight's "Guided Dinner" . I'm preparing 9 different dishes (some extremely complex, like white rice :laugh: :laugh:) for 12 people and I'm going to walk them through how the dishes are prepared. All Indian food, and not a speck of curry powder in sight. I'm making an authentic pork vindaloo, a chicken rizzala (cream and fresh herbs), potato & spinach, creamy mustard-flecked carrots with yoghurt, tiny green lentils, naan bread, samosas and vadas - a sort of mini falafel with spices. All chutneys and achars (hot pickles) are home made. Should be fun!

Good luck. Sounds amazing - pics please!

Last night was a blast!

PXL_20230812_124528783.jpg
PXL_20230812_031205174.jpg
PXL_20230812_004408927.jpg

Our plans today…not much. We’re just now leaving for a late breakfast, we do have reservations for tonight, we’ll see how that goes. I think we have a couple of 55+ communities to check out, that’s about it.

Ops.. 😅 I’m not in Sicily
Ostia Antica is the ancient port of Rome, in fact it is half an hour driving from Rome
I think he was wondering if any had traveled high in the air, sometimes it can travel great distances.

I love history, it is so fascinating to see ancient ruins. I'm glad you took photos, thank you for sharing!

Ops.. 😅 I’m not in Sicily
Ostia Antica is the ancient port of Rome, in fact it is half an hour driving from Rome
I think that’s one of our planned stops when we’re there in October.

I think he was wondering if any had traveled high in the air, sometimes it can travel great distances.
Yes, that’s what I’m asking, if it’s making the sky overcast or anything like that.

In order today.
Gas for car.
Pick up lunch for 14yo and deliver to her school.
Get booze
Call in docs and pay for script I got a few weeks ago.
Pick up biscuits 2 packs.
Pick up few veges for stir fry tonight.
Pick up my gambling mate and go for few beers.
Home to make tea.

Average day here.

Russ

I had one important thing to do today... my first session of physical therapy for my lower back. But, no surprise, my PCP doctor's office still hasn't sent the paperwork to the physical therapy facility, even though I've been bugging them to get it done before today! Without that paperwork, the PT facility can't get paid by my insurance company.

So, we'll try again tomorrow, if my PCP's office feels like doing what I need them to do. :headshake:

CD

How things change with a txt.
Today so far
Txt at 9 am. D.i.l says granddaughter is in sick bay at school. Can I pick her up and keep her at home with me.
Hell yeah, time with any of my grandkids is precious.
We came home and her appetite was there. We went to a bakery she got pepper steak pie and carrot cake .
Not much change from $20.
Then booze pick up.
We are currently at home relaxing watching doco on henry 8 wives.
I tried to explain our family connection with England.
It's now 1.45pm and d.i.l is due at 3pm.
We are also talking food so a good day here.
I will make tea later stirfry steak and black bean sauce.
Steak from trimmings from whole fillet I recently got.

Russ

How things change with a txt.
Today so far
Txt at 9 am. D.i.l says granddaughter is in sick bay at school. Can I pick her up and keep her at home with me.
Hell yeah, time with any of my grandkids is precious.
We came home and her appetite was there. We went to a bakery she got pepper steak pie and carrot cake .
Not much change from $20.
Then booze pick up.
We are currently at home relaxing watching doco on henry 8 wives.
I tried to explain our family connection with England.
It's now 1.45pm and d.i.l is due at 3pm.
We are also talking food so a good day here.
I will make tea later stirfry steak and black bean sauce.
Steak from trimmings from whole fillet I recently got.

Russ
Sounds like a good day!

Plans today are to drive a further 90 minutes over to Lancaster County/The Realm of the Amish.

Nothing much beyond buying some farm produce and maybe some meat (we brought an insulated bag) and some cheese.

Busy day today. I have to accompany my wife to the supermarket, fix a toilet and take down a fairly large tree that has died. As to cooking I'm going to make a Peruvian potato dish and stir fry. Brand new dishes for me. I'm surprised that both recipes include hot peppers. I wasn't aware that Peruvians were into heat in their cooking. New explorations into Latin cooking.

Back
Top Bottom