Plans for today (2024)

No idea, seems to depend on the country’s main religion 🤷‍♀️
Don't know this for certain for that specific country, but there are a lot of Muslims in Africa. My sister used to work for the US Department of State and she lived in Nigeria for quite awhile (plus traveled regularly to neighboring countries). She was really happy to be able to eat pork when she came back to the US, plus drinking alcohol, even though there was a little of that available at the embassy.

Oops, just googled. It's a primarily Christian country.
Zambia - Wikipedia
1722028602878.png

Don't know this for certain for that specific country, but there are a lot of Muslims in Africa. My sister used to work for the US Department of State and she lived in Nigeria for quite awhile (plus traveled regularly to neighboring countries). She was really happy to be able to eat pork when she came back to the US, plus drinking alcohol, even though there was a little of that available at the embassy.
There are. It’s just such a vast area it’s hard to know (unless you know the area) whose ideology dominated when the rules were made 😂

I would guess it's Lusaka? I mean, that is the capital of Zambia. Can't think of anything else it could be. Maybe a lot of shops are closed on Sundays?
Correct
Lusaka.
I just don't like the town. Too dirty, too much traffic, so all a bit shitty :)

And shops are open when they open and closed when they are closed.
Depending on muslim (closed Friday afternoon) 7th day adventist (closed Saturday), Christian (closed Sunday).
Except for the big shops. They are open every day

Did grocery.
Visited my parents.

It is quite awful how the public bio bins stink in the hot weather.

Emptied, cleaned and rearranged the fridge drawer.
Looked through the freezer compartment.

Decided to use up 200g frozen dates. The last bits of the soy yoghurt for a cake. Baking at the moment.

Last edited:
Running out for groceries, I have to stop in at a medical supply shop and get a shoulder pulley to help with my rehab, and make my last couscous dish tonight.

MrsT has come back from her conference with Covid, so I have to really crank up my patience levels, because she doesn’t do well with being sick.

Now, where are those masks we used to have so many of…? 😷

Running out for groceries, I have to stop in at a medical supply shop and get a shoulder pulley to help with my rehab, and make my last couscous dish tonight.

MrsT has come back from her conference with Covid, so I have to really crank up my patience levels, because she doesn’t do well with being sick.

Now, where are those masks we used to have so many of…? 😷
Well that's not the return from travels gift you want is it!!

Well that's not the return from travels gift you want is it!!
Nope.

I don’t mean to complain, because I know she feels bad, but I just got chewed out for getting her the wrong box of Kleenex from the back room.

They’re the same Kleenex, just a different box. Just not the box… 🤦🏻‍♂️

I have to get some decongestant for her, which I’m dreading, because she won’t go through the shopping app and tell me which one she wants. Sounds simple, but she’s a person who, if she were in the shop, would take 45 minutes and do an item-by-item compare before settling on something, after applying a host of criteria known only to her. It could be the active ingredient as the decider, it could be the color of the box. 🤷🏻‍♂️

One thing is for certain…whatever I pick, it’ll be the wrong one.

I’m in store for a helluva week.

Nope.

I don’t mean to complain, because I know she feels bad, but I just got chewed out for getting her the wrong box of Kleenex from the back room.

They’re the same Kleenex, just a different box. Just not the box… 🤦🏻‍♂️

I have to get some decongestant for her, which I’m dreading, because she won’t go through the shopping app and tell me which one she wants. Sounds simple, but she’s a person who, if she were in the shop, would take 45 minutes and do an item-by-item compare before settling on something, after applying a host of criteria known only to her. It could be the active ingredient as the decider, it could be the color of the box. 🤷🏻‍♂️

One thing is for certain…whatever I pick, it’ll be the wrong one.

I’m in store for a helluva week.
Yep sounds like you need to put on a crash helmet right now 😆

If you know you're going to be wrong regardless I'd make the most of it by not trying to hard ie pick the first two decongestants you see and be done with it!

Yep sounds like you need to put on a crash helmet right now 😆

If you know you're going to be wrong regardless I'd make the most of it by not trying to hard ie pick the first two decongestants you see and be done with it!
I was thinking noise reduction earphones. I think her bark is worse than her bite and what he can't hear can't hurt him :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom