Plans for today (2024)

We’ve been talking 😂

I have a fear of buying mattresses, they’re an expensive item that you know quite quickly if they suck but you often seem to get lumbered with because it’s better than the one you’ve thrown out!
Oh, I know. We bought one of those crazy-expensive SelectComfort mattress years ago and had to send it back.

Heavy rubber inflatable bladder, essentially…you wanna guess how hard that was to get back in the box?

Oh, I know. We bought one of those crazy-expensive SelectComfort mattress years ago and had to send it back.

Heavy rubber inflatable bladder, essentially…you wanna guess how hard that was to get back in the box?
In my early 20’s I spent crazy money on a mattress because I thought that’s what grown up’s did, it didn’t last any longer than any cheaper one but because it was expensive I delayed getting rid of it for far far too long, it was so uncomfortable by the time it went (7yrs later), you could only sleep on it in certain places and it would wake you up regardless.
Lesson learned. Super expensive mattresses were for us a false economy!

Last edited:
Four times seems a lot. Isn’t he tired during the day?

I do drink a reasonable amount of water before I go to sleep but it’s in small sips so it never makes it through!
My mum has never got up in the night, I think we both run slightly desiccated the majority of the time 😆
He smokes a lot. And yes, he is tired.

I probably drink 22 ounces of water within an hour before bed and I keep a glass by the bed. I wake up and am thirsty. And yes, my A1C and blood sugar are fine.

I probably drink 22 ounces of water within an hour before bed and I keep a glass by the bed. I wake up and am thirsty. And yes, my A1C and blood sugar are fine.
Lol before I got to the And yes, my A1C is fine I thought oh I wonder if her blood sugar levels are ok 😆

That’s a shame what with nicotine being a stimulant.
Does the times he get’s up wake you too?

Lol before I got to the And yes, my A1C is fine I thought oh I wonder if her blood sugar levels are ok 😆

That’s a shame what with nicotine being a stimulant.
Does the times he get’s up wake you too?
It's not him getting out of bed, the Tempurpedic doesn't ripple at all. It's the squeaky bedroom door and the sound of the door going into the garage that wakes me up. That and sometimes the flushing toilet.

I eat sawdust and swallow a whole tampon before bedtime and I still get up at least twice. :laugh:

Seeing the Tiny Thai Terror for a beat down this morning but first I will view the ‘bane of my life table’ to see if I really am only one coat away from the finish 🤞

Then the food orders will arrive, have some treats for myself in those orders, you know the sort bought just for yourself that you don’t mention or share 😉

I’ve been quite remiss on the housework of late so today I have a lot to do, however I haven’t had any Whimsy Wednesday’s for a while so I’m gonna get some of that today in the form of a scampi and tartar sauce sandwich (my sons turn to cook) plus a bit of tele with Mr SSOAP 👍

British scampi the breaded variety -

Right, up and at it!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got to prepare a bed for my egg plants, give water, probably seed some mange tous.
I'll be sharpening my knives
And admin. But I hate admin, so it may not happen (again)
My admin mostly revolves around standing over a box and the recycling bin with the post in my hand.
Most goes straight in the bin and the majority of the remainder goes straight into a storage box unopened.
When the box is full I write the the date on it and send it to storage 😂

Doesn’t get me out of the normal admin that must be dealt with but it lightens the load a lot.
Then I chuck the dealt with stuff in the dated box (they usually last just over a year) and boom they’re gone from my mind and life!

Last edited:
Off to the Citizens Advice Bureau which I think will be fruitless, I have a suspicion they’ll say make an appointment.

Then meeting my bezzie for lunch. We seem to have slowly drifted apart a tad over the last few years and if I’m completely honest (and I feel pretty bad saying this) I’m finding her a tiny bit irritating, I’m planning to look for the good, the things we enjoy about each other and food is one of our stronger bonds so fingers crossed!

I’ve got the boys lunch ready and will sling that in the outdoor oven before I leave as it’s my turn to cook today and I don’t want them to get the idea you can skip your day by simply going out for lunch yourself 😂

Back
Top Bottom