Plans for today (2024)

You know, over time, it’s just going to wear off again. I say, save yourself the trouble and go straight to the chocolate!
Table lacquered.
Boys gone to supermarket and whilst there will fetch some chocolate.
It’s a treat with knobs on too because there are lots of almond chocolates I haven’t tried due to the nut allergy sufferer in the house and now it transpires he’s not allergic to almonds I can have at them!

I also ordered some rather special almonds for when the table is actually finished but I’ll post a pic of those in the ‘what produce’ thread.

Guess I never learn.

Did 3 yrs BSc Hons, then did(n't) do 2½ yrs of an organic chemistry PhD. Then we both started a UK OU course for a Master of Maths but the uni withdrew the course, so we had to drop it because we couldn't complete it in time frame of it ending as well as work full time.

So hubby got his work to sponsor him to do a MSc when we were in the UK, before going off around the world... he completed that and I'm now trying again at my Master course having 'served' 7 years in a UK boarding school as a member of staff...

I think the only time I was happy outside of education, was when I worked for the armed forces as a civvy, which I loved.
That's funny...did you do that on purpose? People who go back to school never learn lol...

I loved going back to school each time I did it. I ended up not working in the field I studied the last time but I'd happily go off in another direction in a field I'd not end up working in just for the accomplishment of getting another degree or certification. At 62 I'm debating on whether to start collecting my social security (pension). Not looking for a new career and am happy working part time.

Learning is enjoyable, though challenging as one gets older, but I think that's what makes it fun for some.

I loved going back to school each time I did it. I ended up not working in the field I studied the last time but I'd happily go off in another direction in a field I'd not end up working in just for the accomplishment of getting another degree or certification.
I believe you can never get enough education. the more you learn, the more you understand. I pity those who are starved of education, for whatever reason.
As for changing careers, I've done it three times. Musician to language teacher, postgrad cert. in EFL, then HR (Masters in that), then starting my own biz and cooking. I don't regret any of the 90 degree changes!

Oh good. I need some ideas on what to do with my fresh sage. I did use some of it for something and it turned out really great, but I was tipsy and now I can't remember what I cooked, LOL!
Gnocchi with sage flavored browned butter, with a chiffonade of a few fresh leaves warmed in the butter just enough to soften.

Gnocchi with sage flavored browned butter, with a chiffonade of a few fresh leaves warmed in the butter just enough to soften.
I've got to throw some animal protein in there for my caveman, what do you suggest? Pancetta? Prosciutto? Seafood? And I will need some sort of green vegetable in there to satisfy my need for a balanced meal...sauteed spinach?

Talking of cavemen Mr SSOAP went to the local butchers for the first time and is a convert.
I think it was because he likes the idea of going to the shops at 6.30am while everyone else is asleep, that and the main butcher has a proper barrow boy thing going on!

He’s suggested we have ribs again on Saturday, I believe so he can go back and buy more meat!

This means I probably have a Mr SSOAP shaped courier to go back n forth to the butchers! 👏👏👏

I've got to throw some animal protein in there for my caveman, what do you suggest? Pancetta? Prosciutto? Seafood? And I will need some sort of green vegetable in there to satisfy my need for a balanced meal...sauteed spinach?
Pancetta maybe. I've never felt the need. I'd make a salad to have separately. It's supposed to be a simple dish.

Had planned to do something else in the garden today, but the Rain God decided it was time to water the earth, so none of that was possible. I boiled up some beetroot because I fancy a salad with beetroot and blue cheese. Then I've got a TOEFL class at 5pm.

Went to the doc as part of my plans for today.

Decent report…frozen shoulder, not torn rotator cuff, so a shot in the shoulder and a paper with some exercises that’ll I’ll probably do for two days, then get too preoccupied to continue. :laugh:
I used to treat that problem in my rehabilitative massage therapy business. That one, carpal tunnel, and sciatica were the most frequent ailments.

I made my massage appointment for next Tuesday. My lumbar and left hip are feeling a little better but massage feels so good and I have some stress in my shoulders and neck.

Have you looked into getting a different pillow(s)? That might help. Sometimes something really simple can be an easy fix.

Back
Top Bottom