Plans for today (2024)

Have you looked into getting a different pillow(s)? That might help. Sometimes something really simple can be an easy fix.
I’ve spent a fortune in pillows. I think I have every one except the MyPillow guy pillow, and I’d rather have the frozen shoulder! :laugh:

You know who fixed MrsT’s bad hip for the longest? Her heart surgeon!

Ever since she had her stroke, she has a chronic hip issue, and the chiro works on it and it’s good for about a month, so it’s a maintenance thing.

When she had her surgery, they went up into her heart through two incisions in her groin, and when it came time to close, one closed up with a simple butterfly type thing, but the other wouldn’t stop bleeding.

He was joking with her later, he said he had to get his heaviest nurse to really apply some extreme direct pressure, and for quite a long time, because he ended up having to suture it the old-fashioned way.

After that, her hip and her leg felt better than it had since her stroke, and it’s held up for four months now, though she’s starting to get the soreness back again.

I’ve spent a fortune in pillows. I think I have every one except the MyPillow guy pillow, and I’d rather have the frozen shoulder! :laugh:

You know who fixed MrsT’s bad hip for the longest? Her heart surgeon!

Ever since she had her stroke, she has a chronic hip issue, and the chiro works on it and it’s good for about a month, so it’s a maintenance thing.

When she had her surgery, they went up into her heart through two incisions in her groin, and when it came time to close, one closed up with a simple butterfly type thing, but the other wouldn’t stop bleeding.

He was joking with her later, he said he had to get his heaviest nurse to really apply some extreme direct pressure, and for quite a long time, because he ended up having to suture it the old-fashioned way.

After that, her hip and her leg felt better than it had since her stroke, and it’s held up for four months now, though she’s starting to get the soreness back again.
Yeah, don't bother with the MyPillow. I bought one at Bed Bath and Beyond years ago on the clearance rack before the guy went whacko, and they aren't great pillows at all. Mediocre at best. I think Walmart probably would have something better. But if the pillow didn't fix it, you might want to evaluate your mattress.

I guess your wife needs Brunhilde to work on it some more.

But if the pillow didn't fix it, you might want to evaluate your mattress.
Not disagreeing, just adding more info - I sleep best in “our” bed, the main bed (backstory - I usually start out in our bed, but move to the guest room for one reason or another), and worse in the guest room.

All in the interest of research, I’ve swapped pillows, mattress pillowtops, mattresses, and every combination of, and it doesn’t matter. It’s crazy.

Right now, MrsT is gone, so I’m spending the whole night in the main bed…which currently has the guest room mattress and pillowtop on it, and it’s fine. No issues…but there were also no issues the last time she was gone and I slept in there with the other mattress and pillowtop.

Maybe it’s the room!

then get too preoccupied to continue. :laugh:
It does make a huge difference.

I have some recent issues with my left shoulder/shoulderblade...it is way better when I exercise, even 2 minutes that day, and 6 x 2 minutes is fantastic!

When I turn on the kettle, I do the short round of whatever exercise I memorized...

Sending best wishes!

Oh I understand that completely, especially as we are getting older and both have to get up a few times during the night, if you know what I mean.
I’m not at the get up in the night bit yet but Mr SSOAP is and wow that wrecks your sleep!
I’m hoping I’ll bypass it because I have a camel sized bladder, I can literally go all day without peeing. Too much information? Yes I agree it probably is 😂

I’m not at the get up in the night bit yet but Mr SSOAP is and wow that wrecks your sleep!
I’m hoping I’ll bypass it because I have a camel sized bladder, I can literally go all day without peeing. Too much information? Yes I agree it probably is 😂
I was once like you. I still have good bladder control, but I tend to drink a lot of water before I go to bed, especially if I was drinking alcohol earlier in the evening. So I usually only get up once or twice, but DH gets up several times, mostly because he feels like he needs to go into the garage and make it smell like cigarette smoke (which is a point of annoyance for me since I park in the garage and my car reeks of cigarettes). Anyway, he probably gets up 4x a night...

I was once like you. I still have good bladder control, but I tend to drink a lot of water before I go to bed, especially if I was drinking alcohol earlier in the evening. So I usually only get up once or twice, but DH gets up several times, mostly because he feels like he needs to go into the garage and make it smell like cigarette smoke (which is a point of annoyance for me since I park in the garage and my car reeks of cigarettes). Anyway, he probably gets up 4x a night...
Four times seems a lot. Isn’t he tired during the day?

I do drink a reasonable amount of water before I go to sleep but it’s in small sips so it never makes it through!
My mum has never got up in the night, I think we both run slightly desiccated the majority of the time 😆

I have a camel sized bladder, I can literally go all day without peeing. Too much information?
Oh, I think I can top than still stay within the good graces of the forum:

<clears throat…vocal warm-up…>
I, too, have a camel-sized bladder. Unfortunately, I also have an elephant-sized prostate.

How’s that? :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom