Plans for today (2024)

We just got back from a week-long vacation at the cottage. So today has consisted of laundry, getting back into the mindset of going to work tomorrow, watering the garden, and getting caught up on the forum.

Also attempted shopping for a couple new appliances, but that’s a whole different story.

Finally sitting and watching the Olympic coverage for a bit.

Went to the drugstore to buy supplies for my Mom and myself.

Brought it over to her.

Called the door installing company to ask about doorlock change prices for their flat door.

Called and emailed for a medical paper for my Dad, but I will visit his GP this afternoon to hopefully complete the task.

Handled the yoghurt.

Might take a little walk. Chilling in shade with coffee.

The breeze makes it delightful to be outside.

Today I went to vote, early. My plans involved making some guava jam, a white chocolate cheesecake and a vegetarian lasagna. Great plans, none of them completed, but tomorrow is another day!

And that is IMO the best way to approach life!
Up until quite recently I’d wake up with a full list of jobs quite unrealistic in length, attack the day and then feel disappointed I didn’t tick them all off. Then once I was completely spent I’d take a day off and feel guilty about it.
The work ethic in this country is insane.

What a daft way to approach things. I’ve achieved a lot because of it and wouldn’t be living the life I am now without that approach but it’s not exactly a peaceful stress free way to do life.

So it appears I recently grew up. Only took me 51 years 😆

Last edited:
Just a heads up, in case you see anything on the news.
The population is heading for the streets to protest the election results. The highways are blocked and hundreds of people are gathering there to scream blue murder against the "government".
I'm safe in the house, with the dog, the three tortoises, a well-stocked cupboard and 6 bottles of scotch, if I need them. I'm not planning to do anything this week!

The population is heading for the streets to protest the election results. The highways are blocked and hundreds of people are gathering there to scream blue murder against the "government".
I'm safe in the house, with the dog, the three tortoises, a well-stocked cupboard and 6 bottles of scotch, if I need them. I'm not planning to do anything this week!
Stay safe!

I saw that on our local news a few minutes ago, and they broke in to announce earlier. We have a large Venezuelan population in Miami-Dade County and they are NOT happy.

Taking the boys out for breakfast, we haven’t been out for breakfast together for a while due to the dissertation uni stress my son was under (and so by default that meant us too),I am looking forward to it.
One of tripadvisors recommended cafe’s is only ten minutes up the road, being local to here I have suitably low expectations!

Then off to the Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) for round two of the tiny Thai terror saga.

Hoping to squeeze in a ride before the weather becomes changeable tomorrow but my son has a friend coming to stay after lunch and there are many jobs and cooking to be done to make a guest feel comfortable.

Taking the boys out for breakfast, we haven’t been out for breakfast together for a while due to the dissertation uni stress my son was under (and so by default that meant us too),I am looking forward to it.

I look forward to photos if possible - full English?

Back
Top Bottom