Plans for today (2024)

Food delivery this morning and its choice day today.
Mr SSOAP has chosen burger, the eldest has chosen tempura chicken and noodle stir fry and I’m going for crab linguine (or whatever pasta shape comes to hand).

Choice day usually results in a lot of kitchen mess with the everyone cooking something different at different times but it’s worth it as everyone has a personal food itch to scratch and it keeps everyone’s hand in the game when it comes to cooking for themselves.

I have some other food bits n pieces to get done today but I’m not going to pressure myself because.. that bl**dy table DOES need ANOTHER coat of lacquer.. aaaaargh 😂

The last two days, my plans involved lying around the house, coughing, blowing my nose, that sort of thing - yop, I picked up Covid from MrsT.

She’s feeling a bit better, but still not 100%. I started feeling the effects maybe Monday, then actually did test positive yesterday, because I wanted to talk to my doc about it, and I knew the first thing she’d ask was whether I’d tested.

I took yesterday and today off work, just so I didn’t have to put up with that while feeling ill. I had an absolute crap day on Tuesday and came very, very close to ripping a new a-hole for a thick-headed vendor, and that’s when I said, “Self…ya prob’ly oughta take a day er two off, hoss,” so that’s what I did.

Unexpectedly, I baked a one-layer cake today, trying to use up an abundance of flour.
Amazed you could bake a cake when feeling ill.

Yeah, when he came in from his appointment (would not let me go, thankfully it's literally 1/2 mile from our house) and I asked how it went, he said, "Well it's not great." And I asked what, and he told me. I asked what they tested for, and he said that the optic nerve is good, no macular degeneration, no detached retina, no glaucaoma, everything else was fine, but he needs cataract surgery. I said hey, I think that's great news, change your out "look" on that! I personally was quite relieved it was cataracts!
It is indeed brilliant news. And its fast a day procedure with no stay in hospital. And soon he will be able to see really clearly and help with cleaning.

again and mop. Sigh.
Oh that is rather impolite, how they behave! Sorry it falls on your shoulders.

Take care of your appropriate, not just tiny, rest.

The wedding is a wonderful and joyous occasion. All the best wishes for a 100 years together to them!

Hope the wedding is enjoyable for everyone! The food you describe sounds magical!

Amazed you could bake a cake when feeling ill.
Depending on what I’m sick with, I’ll either be completely idle or I’ll have to find something to do.

This stuff is like a bad head cold and a sinus infection all in one, and if I’m doing something, I get immediately tired and think, “I better go and sit down,” but as soon as I do that, my head starts pounding and I feel wobbly - it’s like without something else to do, I can suddenly feel every single ache and pain.

The cake is possibly the best from-scratch cake I’ve ever made, so maybe that’s the key - bake in a fevered delirium, idk.

Feeling marginally better today, as evidenced by my posting again.

It's a long weekend here in Canada. Off to work for a short day until 2 pm. Try and get a walk or bicycle ride in first, then I'll have to do some work out back. Finish the garlic as it has been drying in the garage for two weeks. Do some tilling. Dig out more jars from the garage and run them through the dishwasher to get ready to do up a bushel of beets tomorrow. Drink some beer. We don't take summer holidays so what we started doing is adding an extra day on to our long weekends. No real plans. Stay quiet and keep our heads down so nobody comes to visit.:D Back to work Wednesday. Have a good weekend.

Last edited:
Got in a workout with my trainer this morning (ended up doing mostly stretching, my hips have been so tight lately). Had lunch out, then went and bought ourselves a new washing machine…our old one leaks quite a bit. Managed to get a load of laundry done and went for an evening walk.

Insured my BSA yesterday so I could enjoy a ride in the sunshine today and there’s none, it’s rained and the grey clouds are threatening.

So yoga, cooking some bits n bobs (my new casserole dishes first outing today 👏) and I can’t believe I’m still typing this.. that bl**dy table again!! 😂

Well it's nearly 7:30 a.m. and the wedding is at 11. We need to be there by 9:45. My dear daughter lives only 20 minutes away thankfully.

Dinner last night turned out perfectly and my future son-in-law said it was the best meal he had ever eaten in his life. I actually thought it was one of the best I've ever cooked too. And amazingly my house isn't trashed.

Up i go. I'm skipping tea and coffee. Shower and champagne!

Back
Top Bottom