Plans for today (2024)

Plans:
Did last load of clothes to take on our trip ✔️
Pack up our suitcases for departure ✔️
Cleared out the `fridge and fruit bowl; shared it all with Mr&Mrs NDN ✔️
Called for a take-out order of Pizza & Salad for linner (late lunch/early dinner) ✔️

My car is a mess, so I’m planning to take it this week to be detailed. Of course, this means I needed to clean all the junk out of it, which I did today.

It was quite the treasure trove - highlights included receipts from 2014 (when we bought the car), a blockbuster card, over $7 in change (cha-ching!), and no fewer than 6 reusable water bottles. I suspect that the water bottles may have been breeding in there…

My car is a mess, so I’m planning to take it this week to be detailed. Of course, this means I needed to clean all the junk out of it, which I did today.

It was quite the treasure trove - highlights included receipts from 2014 (when we bought the car), a blockbuster card, over $7 in change (cha-ching!), and no fewer than 6 reusable water bottles. I suspect that the water bottles may have been breeding in there…
Any napkins and sporks from drive-thru take out joints?

Congrats and I like the flip flops under the wedding dress :)
Yeah, they had the wedding in their backyard and originally she was going to wear shoes with a low wedge heel, but it rained ferociously yesterday. They were lucky that the backyard dried out enough to even have the wedding, but she would have sunk in the muddy turf if she'd worn those shoes. Thankfully it was mostly sunny with a few clouds today, though it did get pretty hot out. The wedding was short and sweet, and then there were champagne toasts and finger sandwiches before we all headed off to the pub.

Yes, it takes some of the pressure off.
I even read about champagne and cake afternoon short and sweet weddings trending.
Good!
I don’t know a single person who relishes the 11am to 11pm wedding slog.
The thing that always does me in (apart from Bridezilla And Bridezilla’s mum) is how long it takes to get fed.
As someone with food allergies weddings are a total nightmare, caterers give all the assurances in the world but seem to be in an arena that has very little grasp or regard.

So many times have caterers made me ill that after the last one got stroppy with me for not wanting to eat the cocktail sausages (because cocktail sausages are very rarely gluten free - and it turned out they weren’t) I decided to take my own food.

I have a round velvet silk lined drawstring bag, and a plate fits flat in the bottom so now I don’t bother the caterers with my dietary requirements and just slip my plate onto the table. No-one ever notices until they’re well into their food when I’ll suddenly get asked why my food looks better than theirs and how they get some of that 😂

Last edited:
Weathers rubbish again so no riding today. But skiving anyway 😉
Youngest is returning from his second 5 day festival stint so I imagine he’ll be tired and in need of feeding n care.
Bit of yoga to try and maintain some strength and flexibility, bit of cooking and then searching for a pannier/saddlebag solution for the BSA so I can go on a jolly somewhere for a couple of days when.. if the sun puts it’s hat on and comes out to play.

Back
Top Bottom