Plans for today (2024)

TOEFL class at 8am.
Gardener is here.
Need to go to the supermarket, then come back and cook some stuff (still haven't decided what, but it'll be for the gardener, so chicken and chorizo involved.)
And yesterday I resumed writing up all my chutney/jam/pickle/hotsauce/salsa recipes. I've just got one more category to complete (Jams and marmalades) and then I can start thinking about how to put the recipe book together. The good news is that I've got 3 or 4 close friends who are professional journalists, so I'm sure they'll be able to help.

Right. First three items done. The gardener has cut the front and side lawns, and the verge in front of the house. The walk up to the supermarket was fairly exhausting because the humidity is up around 60%. Anyway, when I haven't got a car, the owners of the supermarket always give me a ride back home.
Now I just have to decide what to make for lunch.

Outside the dentists, planning to go in but there's no guarantee 😬

Edit: made it in there. Everything is dandy. The hygienist sad I have good teeth which over 50 seems more important than most things in life 😆

Still can't handle it, every time I go I think it will be easier because I've done it before and then like an unexpected whack in the guts I start sweating and wanting to run!

Mr SSOAP is just lovely though, I always feel like nothing really that bad can happen if he's there because he won't let it!

Last edited:
I took the car to be detailed today for the first time. It was pretty grubby (I ride horses, we camp, go to the cottage…it gets dirty fast) but it is soooo much cleaner and nicer now.

I was told to keep the windows cracked overnight to help the seats dry out after the steam clean…of course the remnants of Hurricane Debby are due to show up overnight so we might have to defer that plan for a day or two.

Back
Top Bottom