Plans for today (2024)

Got confirmed by a 2nd person that my car is at the end of its lifespan :(
Hospitality course finished today and I'll be glad to go home tomorrow.
Missing my dogs and my own place.
Plus cooking and muddling along

Hard to let go of some vehicles isn’t it.
It’s not just the financial implications there’s another dimension to how we relate to some objects.
Sounds like it’s done a great job for you, hope your new car is the delight a new car can be!

Muchos housework 😞
I hate going away and coming back to a messy house, to the extent no matter how busy I am or much fun I’m having while away my mind will frequently pop back to the jobs that are undone, so today I must grasp the nettle.. after one more cup of tea 😆
Well if that applied to me I would never have gone away in my whole life! I'm sitting here now with so many household cleaning jobs that need doing its rendered me paralysed.

Well, up to the Amish-ish place (where I’d gotten all that lunchmeat and cheese a couple of months ago) to get some fresh corn. They bring it in by the wagon-load while you’re shopping, then I’ve got to hotfoot it back down my way to a big Kroger, because we’re about out of everything, and the Kroger that’s up by the Amish-ish place is a tiny old Kroger with next to nothing (I expect signs like, “New Arrival! Bread! Goes great with our other new arrival, Water! Get some today!” when I step in there).

Also, we’re apparently hosting an afternoon tea in a couple of weeks for my nephew and his lovely, lovely wife (she really is just about the sweetest thing there is), so sometime this weekend, I’ve got to come up with the menu.

I’ve got the first load of laundry in my shiny new washing machine!

Then later today I’m heading up to the barn to see the pony. I haven’t mentioned it on here until now, but I’m actually not riding at the moment. It’s a bit of a long story, but my coach has decided that it was time for the horse I was riding to be retired. So this is my first visit to see him at his new retirement home. I’ll hopefully be able to groom him and feed him lots of mints.

Muchos housework 😞
I hate going away and coming back to a messy house, to the extent no matter how busy I am or much fun I’m having while away my mind will frequently pop back to the jobs that are undone, so today I must grasp the nettle.. after one more cup of tea 😆
While I do not like going away and coming back to a messy house, I don't think twice about undone tasks while I am gone. But coming home to it isn't much fun.

Any amish around there?

Russ
The Amish are further East in Pennsylvania. PA has the largest population of them in the country. But there are Amish in her home state of Ohio as well and also some not terribly far from my home here in Indiana. If you drive in the Amish area you will encounter horse and buggy traffic.

The Amish are further East in Pennsylvania. PA has the largest population of them in the country. But there are Amish in her home state of Ohio as well and also some not terribly far from my home here in Indiana. If you drive in the Amish area you will encounter horse and buggy traffic.
Yes, most people think of Lancaster, PA when they think of Pennsylvania Amish communities, but there are quite a few scattered all over the sate in rural areas. Where I was just north of Pittsburgh there were several, just a smaller concentration and one has to drive off the beaten path to encounter them. And yes there are quite a few in Ohio as well, though not where I live since Akron is a sizeable city. Don't have to drive far to find some Amish farms, though. The biggest concentration is about an hour SW of me.

Yes, most people think of Lancaster, PA when they think of Pennsylvania Amish communities, but there are quite a few scattered all over the sate in rural areas. Where I was just north of Pittsburgh there were several, just a smaller concentration and one has to drive off the beaten path to encounter them. And yes there are quite a few in Ohio as well, though not where I live since Akron is a sizeable city. Don't have to drive far to find some Amish farms, though. The biggest concentration is about an hour SW of me.
The Amish farms are amazing. The tractors are 4 legged herbivores and the harvest involves manual cutting tools and a lot of perspiration. They actually practice the lifestyle you read about.

Back
Top Bottom