Plans for today (2024)

Boxes!

We were going through a very difficult time in our lives at this point. My special chair has been delivered in that box. It could lay totally flat and rise to almost vertical to help me stand, just after my back had failed.

Yet, these are 2 of my favourite photos of my husband.

DSC_0202.JPG
IMG_2717.JPG

Boxes!

We were going through a very difficult time in our lives at this point. My special chair has been delivered in that box. It could lay totally flat and rise to almost vertical to help me stand, just after my back had failed.

Yet, these are 2 of my favourite photos of my husband.

View attachment 117173View attachment 117174
Do we ever fully grow out of the desire to get into a box? 😂

always feel like nothing really that bad can happen if he's there because he won't let it!
Yes, precious that you have him by your side.
I've been in that intense emotional, fearful place, very unpleasant, managed to get through (surgery, hospital stay some 8 y ago).

Yesterday I felt a bit wonky, dehydrated, sun pressed, sugar lowered by the end of the walk with Dad...and I was scared , to whom do I let him and fetch help for me?

Whom do I call? Boyfriend is at work, so I consoled myself I can ask passers by, if it gets critical.

We succeeded, but I felt the remnants of fear until 4 pm.

It's more or less fine now.
But for years, the last 4 years I felt my stomach cramp every time I needed to assist my parents. Sometimes more, sometimes less. It wears one out.

Breathing ( box breathing) and prayers are what get me out. And of course, snacks and hydration, hat...shade...rest...
No way out, only through.

Proud of you, you made it!🤛

Yes, precious that you have him by your side.
I've been in that intense emotional, fearful place, very unpleasant, managed to get through (surgery, hospital stay some 8 y ago).

Yesterday I felt a bit wonky, dehydrated, sun pressed, sugar lowered by the end of the walk with Dad...and I was scared , to whom do I let him and fetch help for me?

Whom do I call? Boyfriend is at work, so I consoled myself I can ask passers by, if it gets critical.

We succeeded, but I felt the remnants of fear until 4 pm.

It's more or less fine now.
But for years, the last 4 years I felt my stomach cramp every time I needed to assist my parents. Sometimes more, sometimes less. It wears one out.

Breathing ( box breathing) and prayers are what get me out. And of course, snacks and hydration, hat...shade...rest...
No way out, only through.

Proud of you, you made it!🤛
Cheers matey.

Starting 2 days ago, I had started brushing up my local sign language.
Goal is to refresh/learn 300 basic signs.
About 100 under the belt, not too bad, possibly 5 or 6 I really need to internalize, the rest was ok. Although I consider myself rusty ...a lot more to learn. Usually one needs many more than 300 words...

There are courses, but fitting it in my schedule is squeeky. Donno.

Continuing after the siesta.

Among other activities.

Starting 2 days ago, I had started brushing up my local sign language.
Goal is to refresh/learn 300 basic signs.
About 100 under the belt, not too bad, possibly 5 or 6 I really need to internalize, the rest was ok. Although I consider myself rusty ...a lot more to learn. Usually one needs many more than 300 words...

There are courses, but fitting it in my schedule is squeeky. Donno.

Continuing after the siesta.

Among other activities.

Maybe I misunderstood or my memory has finally completely failed me (!) but is it not the case that both your parents were deaf before you were born? I remember this because I was brought up by a Mum who was totally blind. So, I thought that sign language would be a second language to you... forgive me if I misunderstand.

Maybe I misunderstood or my memory has finally completely failed me (!) but is it not the case that both your parents were deaf before you were born? I remember this because I was brought up by a Mum who was totally blind. So, I thought that sign language would be a second language to you... forgive me if I misunderstand.
Oh absolutely, yes, you remember very well!

I might have used the wrong idiom"brushing up" ,so sorry, what I meant was "polishing" or improving.

Yes, both my parents became deaf in their early childhood, toddler age.

Sign language is what I learned from them and for them, so that we can communicate, indeed. But never from an official source, so like a dialect in hearing speech, there are differences, plus my Mom is Bulgarian, so it's a different sign language, but I reckon they are fine, it is me who has fallen behind.

Over the years, I have moved out at the age of 20, so for nearly 30 years, I have not upgraded or refreshed my skills...

Of course it functions well enough, but I make mistakes,have forgotten or don't know the proper sign...

I wanted to update my Dad with the Olympics medals for the national athletes, from what I googled while sitting at the bench, as he was a sportsman, to keep an interest alive and chit chat talk...

and I realized I have forgotten the signs for gold, silver, bronze, place...I improvised but it would be easier if I just knew the proper sign, on point.

Sorry for your Mom's handicap. Do you feel it influenced your understanding of the world? Can you read Braille? Could she?

Had an early start this morning with a TOEFL class at 8am. Then breakfast. Then I remembered the car had been fixed so I drove off to get petrol, some ingredients for the Saffron Challenge, bread, some hot peppers and a bottle of wine for tomorrow.
the car was dreadful. The mechanic had told me yesterday that the quality of the petrol here is so bad, it's making the fuel tank filthy, clogging up the injectors and, in my case, causing damage to one of the valves in the engine. He was right; as long as I didn't have to stop, it was okay, but as soon as I stopped, the engine would chug ominously and eventually stall.
that happened about 10 times, so when I got back home I had to change plans!

Back
Top Bottom