Plans for today (2024)

are very rarely gluten free -
Indeed, good point. I can only imagine the multitude of murky yes, but not really dishes...
Clever idea, bringing your own food.

I made it a habit of mine, too, to always bring a little bite of what I can eat, along. Even to the theater. Wore a large beautiful red bag, that could accomodate both my water bottle and a snack.

And also tiring, yes, traditional weddings locally last even till 05 am, which is at my age a nightmare...

Next summer, God's willing, the eldest son of a friend of mine is getting married, I reckon I will retreat at 10 pm or 11pm, whatever my comfort level will be...assuming they will go the full traditional feast...

Indeed, good point. I can only imagine the multitude of murky yes, but not really dishes...
Clever idea, bringing your own food.

I made it a habit of mine, too, to always bring a little bite of what I can eat, along. Even to the theater. Wore a large beautiful red bag, that could accomodate both my water bottle and a snack.

And also tiring, yes, traditional weddings locally last even till 05 am, which is at my age a nightmare...

Next summer, God's willing, the eldest son of a friend of mine is getting married, I reckon I will retreat at 10 pm or 11pm, whatever my comfort level will be...assuming they will go the full traditional feast...
They certainly can and do go on til the early hours here but my cut off time is generally 11pm. If I'm driving (I prefer a hotel room I can disappear to for respite) then it's be in the car by 23.10 or find your own way! 😂

I liked it when the tradition of the bride and groom leaving the wedding party to go on honeymoon was still adhered to, that way everyone was free to leave when they wanted.

They certainly can and do go on til the early hours here but my cut off time is generally 11pm. If I'm driving (I prefer a hotel room I can disappear to for respite) then it's be in the car by 23.10 or find your own way! 😂

I liked it when the tradition of the bride and groom leaving the wedding party to go on honeymoon was still adhered to, that way everyone was free to leave when they wanted.
We were at the pub by 2 pm and most were tipsy by then. It was 1/2 mile from their house so many chose to walk. We drove. There was a food buffet setup at the pub and it was cash bar. Hubby had beer and whiskey and I drank water. As soon as we picked up the $2500 food tab we left. Got home by 5pm and I took a nap!

We were at the pub by 2 pm and most were tipsy by then. It was 1/2 mile from their house so many chose to walk. We drove. There was a food buffet setup at the pub and it was cash bar. Hubby had beer and whiskey and I drank water. As soon as we picked up the $2500 food tab we left. Got home by 5pm and I took a nap!
That's good 👍
Still a long day though, especially if you were busy catering your socks off just before.
What time did the alarm go off this morning?

It was Liberation day here today.
I went to the central Cemetery to light a candle for the fallen soldiers, and pray in thanks for their service.

It was so quiet, I could hear not only my steps but my breath as well.

Walking by spotted the grave of a (famous local) pianist. With whom I had 4 lessons, in preparation for a radio show while still at school. I had an extra candle, so lit for her too.

Not very comfortable at taking pics at a cemetery, but managed to very quickly and discreetly do so. Earthquake 2 y ago did substantial damage to the historic walls, is under reparation, hence the scaffolding.

Prayed for my boyfriend's Dad.

I couldn't find my Godmother's grave, so when we go together another day, boyfriend and I, will do that.

May eternal light be with all of them.

20240805_170611.jpg
20240805_171741.jpg

That's good 👍
Still a long day though, especially if you were busy catering your socks off just before.
What time did the alarm go off this morning?
No, nothing like that. Our youngest daughter and her now-husband didn't want any help with anything from us or anyone else, no presents, either, although the groom's father is very adept in carpentry and he made the arch. They had a QR code for fundraising for a child with severe medical problems in lieu of gifts. The only thing she asked of me was to make the wedding-eve dinner for her fiance's parents, us, and them, so I made it big and it was a great night. And the bride and groom were not happy to find out at the end of the night that we picked up the tab on the buffet at the pub yesterday.

Meeting a friend I ran into at kids rugby last week. He got made redundant a few months ago. It was just him and I and he said he was struggling mentally. I suggested he have a coffee with me and butcher. He has depression as well
So we are meeting at 11 this morning .
I'm thinking of calling it the black dog morning. I think it will be good for us all.
Then butcher and I are going shopping Indian shop stuff
Tonight we have dinner club.

Russ

I've only ever been to one wedding (reception only) in my life, that was many years ago and I left early - so I've been saved that scenario.

On topic. Today I had one plan and that was to water the plants in pots and window boxes. I got Steve (under supervision) to do that so mission accomplished.

No, nothing like that. Our youngest daughter and her now-husband didn't want any help with anything from us or anyone else, no presents, either, although the groom's father is very adept in carpentry and he made the arch. They had a QR code for fundraising for a child with severe medical problems in lieu of gifts. The only thing she asked of me was to make the wedding-eve dinner for her fiance's parents, us, and them, so I made it big and it was a great night. And the bride and groom were not happy to find out at the end of the night that we picked up the tab on the buffet at the pub yesterday.
It was the wedding eve dinner I was referring to 👍

Oh yes, okay. But there was no catering involved. I cooked up a storm, though I did purchase the cheesecake from the grocery store. I guess you meant me catering to my company, LOL.
Yep 👍
Here it’s used to mean providing food for a gathering so that can be a group of family or friends or it can mean providing catering for an event.
It’s also not uncommon to say “Are you catered for?” meaning do you have everything you need?
So there we are clear as mud 😂

Back
Top Bottom