Plans for today (2024)

The last two days, my plans involved lying around the house, coughing, blowing my nose, that sort of thing - yop, I picked up Covid from MrsT.

She’s feeling a bit better, but still not 100%. I started feeling the effects maybe Monday, then actually did test positive yesterday, because I wanted to talk to my doc about it, and I knew the first thing she’d ask was whether I’d tested.

I took yesterday and today off work, just so I didn’t have to put up with that while feeling ill. I had an absolute crap day on Tuesday and came very, very close to ripping a new a-hole for a thick-headed vendor, and that’s when I said, “Self…ya prob’ly oughta take a day er two off, hoss,” so that’s what I did.

Unexpectedly, I baked a one-layer cake today, trying to use up an abundance of flour.

The last two days, my plans invoked lying around the house, coughing, blowing my nose, that sort of thing - yop, I picked up Covid from MrsT.

She’s feeling a bit better, but still not 100%. I started feeling the effects maybe Monday, then actually did test positive yesterday, because I wanted to talk to my doc about it, and I knew the first thing she’d ask was whether I’d tested.

I took yesterday and today off work, just so I didn’t have to put up with that while feeling ill. I had an absolute crap day on Tuesday and came very, very close to ripping a new a-hole for a thick-headed vendor, and that’s when I said, “Self…ya prob’ly oughta take a day er two off, hoss,” so that’s what I did.

Unexpectedly, I baked a one-layer cake today, trying to use up an abundance of flour.
Sorry to hear you’re sick - I fear I may be joining you. I woke up this morning with my allergies bothering me terribly. My ear canals were itchy, which usually means allergies. So I popped an antihistamine, and got working (from home, thankfully). Couple hours later - ears no longer itchy, but I’m still sneezing and feeling a bit congested. Looks like I may be getting sick.

I’ll wait a few more days to see how I feel before I test for covid. Isolating at home for now…

The last two days, my plans involved lying around the house, coughing, blowing my nose, that sort of thing - yop, I picked up Covid from MrsT.

I hope Mrs T is running to the pharmacy with an impossible list of items to get for you? 😂

I am sitting down for a minute taking a break from housecleaning, YAY!

My youngest daughter is getting married Sunday and Saturday night we are having a bride/groom and the groom's parents dinner. My future SIL is a recently turned pescatarian so it's a meal of seafood...appetizers are: mushrooms stuffed with king crab and seasoned and buttered bread crumbs cooked in dry white wine, 2 seared jumbo sea scallops (per person) in a brown sage butter (thank you CB friends) served on a small bed of spinach and parmesan seasoned basmati rice. The entree is a .7 oz broiled lobster tail served with a side of prosciutto wrapped asparagus (okay SIL made an exception for the prosciutto though I offered to leave it off) topped with sauteed red bell peppers, diced roma tomatoes, goat cheese, fresh mozz, and shaved parm.

I cleaned my house Wednesday from top to bottom, washed all the throw rugs by the doors and in the guest restroom, polished the granite counters and stove, etc. Then yesterday I went to go get my haircut. While I was gone, our nephew texted my DH asking if he could come by. DH said he could. Well when he showed up, he had brought his 11 y/o son, 8 y/o daughter (from his first marriage), his wife, and their new baby. They don't take off their shoes when they come in the door and it had just rained, so they trashed all the throw rugs and the floor, then the kids went out in the backyard and played and when they came in, they got the backdoor rugs dirty and the dining room floors too. Plus the restroom rug and hallway leading to it.

I came home and the "herd" was here so I was instantly irritated. Then the kids asked what we were having for dinner, and I told them that I wasn't sure yet since we don't eat until around 9. The little girl said, "Well we need to eat earlier than that" and I explained that they were not invited for dinner. She said, "Well Daddy and J said we were." And I said that they were wrong. Then nephew asked what he had to drink and I offered him some water or juice, and he said, "I was thinking something stronger" and I was losing it by then. I think they could tell, although they probably weren't sure why, and they left.

Then I went into use the hall restroom and was wondering why half the roll was gone...and there was a HUGE wad of toilet paper and 2 small rabbit turds floating in the toilet. The 9 y/o is notorious for clogging toilet bowls because she uses too much toilet paper and no one has bothered educating her on the right amount to use when one wipes one's bum, plus people laugh when they say "P clogged the bowl" so she thinks it's funny and it's a way to get attention. I had changed out the roll yesterday and it was a full roll. Well it wouldn't plunge because of the enormous amount of TP that she got stuck in the pipes. I worked on that for a few hours and was about ready to call the plumber in today when I finally got it to flush.

So that's my day...okay enough venting and back to it I go. I'm washing throw rugs right now, time to switch them into the dryer, got everything vacuumed now I just need to clean the fingerprints off the back sliding glass door again and mop. Sigh.

My youngest daughter is getting married Sunday and Saturday night we are having a bride/groom and the groom's parents dinner. My future SIL is a recently turned pescatarian so it's a meal of seafood...appetizers are: mushrooms stuffed with king crab and seasoned and buttered bread crumbs cooked in dry white wine, 2 seared jumbo sea scallops (per person) in a brown sage butter (thank you CB friends) served on a small bed of spinach and parmesan seasoned basmati rice. The entree is a .7 oz broiled lobster tail served with a side of prosciutto wrapped asparagus (okay SIL made an exception for the prosciutto though I offered to leave it off) topped with sauteed red bell peppers, diced roma tomatoes, goat cheese, fresh mozz, and shaved parm.

I cleaned my house Wednesday from top to bottom, washed all the throw rugs by the doors and in the guest restroom, polished the granite counters and stove, etc. Then yesterday I went to go get my haircut. While I was gone, our nephew texted my DH asking if he could come by. DH said he could. Well when he showed up, he had brought his 11 y/o son, 8 y/o daughter (from his first marriage), his wife, and their new baby. They don't take off their shoes when they come in the door and it had just rained, so they trashed all the throw rugs and the floor, then the kids went out in the backyard and played and when they came in, they got the backdoor rugs dirty and the dining room floors too. Plus the restroom rug and hallway leading to it.

I came home and the "herd" was here so I was instantly irritated. Then the kids asked what we were having for dinner, and I told them that I wasn't sure yet since we don't eat until around 9. The little girl said, "Well we need to eat earlier than that" and I explained that they were not invited for dinner. She said, "Well Daddy and J said we were." And I said that they were wrong. Then nephew asked what he had to drink and I offered him some water or juice, and he said, "I was thinking something stronger" and I was losing it by then. I think they could tell, although they probably weren't sure why, and they left.

Then I went into use the hall restroom and was wondering why half the roll was gone...and there was a HUGE wad of toilet paper and 2 small rabbit turds floating in the toilet. The 9 y/o is notorious for clogging toilet bowls because she uses too much toilet paper and no one has bothered educating her on the right amount to use when one wipes one's bum, plus people laugh when they say "P clogged the bowl" so she thinks it's funny and it's a way to get attention. I had changed out the roll yesterday and it was a full roll. Well it wouldn't plunge because of the enormous amount of TP that she got stuck in the pipes. I worked on that for a few hours and was about ready to call the plumber in today when I finally got it to flush.

So that's my day...okay enough venting and back to it I go. I'm washing throw rugs right now, time to switch them into the dryer, got everything vacuumed now I just need to clean the fingerprints off the back sliding glass door again and mop. Sigh.
Sad and sorry both. How inconsiderate, your DH too in that he let them and isn't cleaning up after them. I know he can't see well, but surely he could wash the rugs.

Oh I feel your pain!

Sad and sorry both. How inconsiderate, your DH too in that he let them and isn't cleaning up after them. I know he can't see well, but surely he could wash the rugs.
Yeah, he told me he was sorry. He didn't know that the whole group was coming or he'd have said no. He said he was totally surprised. I'm giving him a pass because today's the anniversary of his father's death and tomorrow is 6 weeks since his mom died, and his mom's birthday and his parents anniversary are Sunday, the day of the wedding. And he just found out he has cataracts so he needs surgery.

Yeah, he told me he was sorry. He didn't know that the whole group was coming or he'd have said no. He said he was totally surprised. I'm giving him a pass because today's the anniversary of his father's death and tomorrow is 6 weeks since his mom died, and his mom's birthday and his parents anniversary are Sunday, the day of the wedding. And he just found out he has cataracts so he needs surgery.
With all that going on, tell him the one thing he doesn’t need to worry about is the surgery. It’s easy, pain-free, in and out, assuming it was like MrsT’s.

People get understandably jittery when they think about having their eyes messed with, but it was really simple for MrsT. Worst part was the eye drop management afterwards…and just when you get the hang of it, you go back in for the second eye.

With all that going on, tell him the one thing he doesn’t need to worry about is the surgery. It’s easy, pain-free, in and out, assuming it was like MrsT’s.

People get understandably jittery when they think about having their eyes messed with, but it was really simple for MrsT. Worst part was the eye drop management afterwards…and just when you get the hang of it, you go back in for the second eye.
Yeah, when he came in from his appointment (would not let me go, thankfully it's literally 1/2 mile from our house) and I asked how it went, he said, "Well it's not great." And I asked what, and he told me. I asked what they tested for, and he said that the optic nerve is good, no macular degeneration, no detached retina, no glaucaoma, everything else was fine, but he needs cataract surgery. I said hey, I think that's great news, change your out "look" on that! I personally was quite relieved it was cataracts!

Back
Top Bottom