Plans for today (2024)

Well I didn't sleep well, my DH was snoring a lot last night, then I got up to get water in the middle of the night and our water pump had gone out (we have a well). Thankfully I had some bottled water in the frige. The plumber came this morning and replaced the water pump so we are good now, but I am exhausted.

And I have been trying to schedule an appointment with this consumer in Pennsylvania (I am in Ohio) who is being elusive for some reason. She complained about a product she had purchased and I am supposed to go retrieve it to ship it to the client for evaluation. She's two hours away so it's not like I can just hop over the same day with short notice. I have been calling her once a day since Sunday leaving messages and she hasn't returned my calls until today--but she didn't leave a message and I didn't have my phone with me when she called--so when I called her back her husband answered and said she was out shopping. He had no idea I have been calling every day and no idea why she hasn't been returning my calls. He also had no idea if I could come over tomorrow to pick up the product or not, he advised that I call back tonight after 6. So I still have no idea if I have to rearrange my schedule for tomorrow to allow for a drive over to PA. Frustrating.

One problem is that it's a perishable item so it can only be shipped Monday thru Thursday, so if I pick it up tomorrow, I have to store it over the weekend and ship it Monday, though it's quite likely she won't be available when I call and I won't be able to schedule an appointment for tomorrow. Another issue is that if she keeps avoiding me and I can't get an appointment for early next week, I won't be able to pick up the product at all because my husband is having eye surgery Thursday and I won't be available for several days after, then they are doing the other eye the following week.
Only one week between surgeries?
Unless it's an emergency situation that is not long enough.

Only one week between surgeries?
Unless it's an emergency situation that is not long enough.
It's not an emergency situation. The eye doctor has done thousands of these surgeries and he said really it should only take 3-4 days for each eye to recover (at the most), more likely only 2 days given that my husband is in his mid-50s. But I am not going to take on any work for several days after just in case.

Also, they are able to fix the astigmatism and my DH will not have to wear glasses or contacts anymore after this, which he is super happy about, but not happy about the nearly $8k it's going to cost--that's after insurance. The original price would have been closer to $20k.

It's not an emergency situation. The eye doctor has done thousands of these surgeries and he said really it should only take 3-4 days for each eye to recover (at the most), more likely only 2 days given that my husband is in his mid-50s. But I am not going to take on any work for several days after just in case.

Also, they are able to fix the astigmatism and my DH will not have to wear glasses or contacts anymore after this, which he is super happy about, but not happy about the nearly $8k it's going to cost--that's after insurance. The original price would have been closer to $20k.

Ok, it is not standard practise here for a number of good reasons and I guarantee any surgery healing takes longer than a few days.

But I'm guessing this is all set, you're happy so I'll leave it at that.

The eye doctor has done thousands of these surgeries and he said really it should only take 3-4 days for each eye to recover (at the most), more likely only 2 days given that my husband is in his mid-50s.
MrsT waited two weeks from one eye to the next, no issues. Internet* says it all depends on the doc and the patient, but as little as four days isn’t unheard of, nor is 12 weeks, so there’s a wide band.

Good luck to your hubby! MrsT was told she would no longer need glasses, and she had terrible, terrible eyesight. She did end up needing glasses, but OTC readers only.

Our out-of-pocket cost was about $4K, and that was with the deluxe package. Like they say, it varies widely doc to doc, as far as cost goes.

Just be mindful of the post-op drops. You’ll get a couple of bottles, and just when you get the schedule worked out, you’ll get that second eye done and the drops for that, and you’re managing two schedules. It can get confusing. I had all kinds of alarms set on my phone.

*By “Internet,” I mean write-ups from eye clinics and eye docs, not random people on Reddit! :laugh:

My mother had hers done about a month apart. She had them done at Bascom Palmer, one of the better places. Of course, that was 20+ years ago, I can't remember exactly.

I will say, back when I was working, the surgeries would be pretty quick when everything went well. If there was an issue, well...

And, of course, a huge part of recovery and healing is dependent on the patient and how well they follow postop instructions.

I have to agree that a week seems awfully quick. Personally, I'd be really quick to put it off if there was even the slightest hint of a problem.

And I have been trying to schedule an appointment with this consumer in Pennsylvania (I am in Ohio) who is being elusive for some reason. She complained about a product she had purchased and I am supposed to go retrieve it to ship it to the client for evaluation. She's two hours away so it's not like I can just hop over the same day with short notice. I have been calling her once a day since Sunday leaving messages and she hasn't returned my calls until today--but she didn't leave a message and I didn't have my phone with me when she called--so when I called her back her husband answered and said she was out shopping. He had no idea I have been calling every day and no idea why she hasn't been returning my calls. He also had no idea if I could come over tomorrow to pick up the product or not, he advised that I call back tonight after 6. So I still have no idea if I have to rearrange my schedule for tomorrow to allow for a drive over to PA. Frustrating.

One problem is that it's a perishable item so it can only be shipped Monday thru Thursday, so if I pick it up tomorrow, I have to store it over the weekend and ship it Monday, though it's quite likely she won't be available when I call and I won't be able to schedule an appointment for tomorrow. Another issue is that if she keeps avoiding me and I can't get an appointment for early next week, I won't be able to pick up the product at all because my husband is having eye surgery Thursday and I won't be available for several days after, then they are doing the other eye the following week.
Well I called her after 6 like her husband suggested and it rang 5 times and went to voice mail. I left another message.

I think I'd contact the rep for that job and tell them the trouble you are having. I bet she's either used it or thrown it away at this point.
I stay in touch with my project manager on a daily basis, so she's aware. I'm not required to make any additional contact attempts.

At least I get paid for all of my administrative time. I find it rude on the consumers part though. I could have gotten my oil changed and vehicle maintenance check this week. It's not overdue but I like staying on top of things.

Turns out the UK and the US have a 'Terry Brown' murderer and typing 'New Zealand' doesn't bring it up either.
I guess the UK and US Terry Brown's must have been worse than your mate!

My ex mate had massage parlours etc. Get the picture?
I keep up to date with people I knew
. Terry is now living out his life in picton.. he has terminal testicular cancer.

Russ

MrsT waited two weeks from one eye to the next, no issues. Internet* says it all depends on the doc and the patient, but as little as four days isn’t unheard of, nor is 12 weeks, so there’s a wide band.

Good luck to your hubby! MrsT was told she would no longer need glasses, and she had terrible, terrible eyesight. She did end up needing glasses, but OTC readers only.

Our out-of-pocket cost was about $4K, and that was with the deluxe package. Like they say, it varies widely doc to doc, as far as cost goes.

Just be mindful of the post-op drops. You’ll get a couple of bottles, and just when you get the schedule worked out, you’ll get that second eye done and the drops for that, and you’re managing two schedules. It can get confusing. I had all kinds of alarms set on my phone.

*By “Internet,” I mean write-ups from eye clinics and eye docs, not random people on Reddit! :laugh:

Should have gone to specsavers lol

Russ

will not have to wear glasses or contacts anymore after this, which he is super happy about, but not happy about the nearly $8k it's going to cost-
Good sides and bad sides, oh Gosh, if you can handle it, I guess it is mostly good then...
Best of luck and a good recovery!

Visiting my Dad's GP to get his bloodwork read, and adjust Martefarin dosage accordingly. Then visit parents, explain and write down the medication schedule.

Picked up medication for them from the pharmacy.

Send paperwork for daughter's schools, trying to find an opening, if she decides to change, following the school's advice.

Grocery shop.

Edited to add, pick8ng up cheese for Mom, a card for her sister in Brazil( they have not written for 20 y).

looking into ordering a senior bathroom rail as per her desire, plus another corridor rail( it's a plaster cardboard wall, no idea how to mount).

a toaster, she needs too.

picking up a bill for ex husband, while daughter is on vacay with him and Grandparents his side. Paying the bill, he left money for it.

Opening up the kitchen window in his house, to air the rooms out( once a week).

Lunch. Bought, waiting for me, that's a relief.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom