Plans for today (2024)

Good luck! May it be the best it can.

Oh definitely, not everyone is suited to watch such scenes, me neither.
When I went in with my Dad for his fibroma removal, which is a minor, really minor procedure, just to give a short introduction, the nurse/technician, a guy, said You can stay if you promise not to faint. And I gratefully declined to stay. Waited outside.
He's ok. Wobbly with an eye patch that he can remove at 3:30, then eye drops. He wasn't allowed to eat after midnight last night so missed breakfast. He just ate so less grumpy now, lol.

Plan for now is to put my phone away, read for a bit and fall asleep :sleep:
Sleep well....

I'm currently trying to stop Steve (partner with dementia) from going to bed. He tries all day to do this but it's worse in the late afternoon and evening, I try to keep him awake until 9pm so that there is some chance he will sleep through the night. Otherwise he is downstairs pacing about and trying to find food or drink and I get no sleep as he has to be monitored for safety.

Sitting waiting for DH at his post-op eye doctor appointment.

He's so impatient. Yesterday when we took off the patch he was disappointed that his vision was blurry out of the eye that had corrective surgery. And it had only been 5 hours since the surgery! I told him to give it a week, but it will probably be much better in 4-5 days. And this morning he woke up and it was the same (less scratchy but still blurry), so he'd gotten himself worked up about it. I'm sure the doc is reassuring him right now.

Edit: so the doc told him that he should see about 20% improvement each day going forward until he has perfect vision in that eye. He gets the right eye done next Thursday, so sounds pretty optimal. He should be able to drive again by the first week in September!

Last edited:
Glad to hear, JAS_OH1 - MrsT was a bit like that…not so much getting angry over not having bionic-eye vision the very next day, but assuming her eye was about to explode/deflate with every little twinge.
Well last night after the 4th drink he was sure he had perfect vision, LOL!

Something I have been tracking down. I used to buy my sausages from leeston butchery a 30 min drive from here. He sold the business a year ago. New guy cant make them like last guy
.its been a year tracking him down
Finally I got a text from him and I have ordered 5kgs beef sausages.
These are next level. He has a new joint he works out of In tinwald a 40 min drive from.here
Im picking them up Monday.
My kids won't get these
@18 kg.
I would honestly pay more

Yay result!!

Russ

Waiting in for outdoor oven delivery.
Read the instructions online. There are a lot of warnings about not letting fat or food or pellet remnants build up in it because the high temps can mean it will catch fire 😬 🧯
One line says - "open door slowly to check oven for fire" 😮😮😮

Have some new duds to go and pick up, tweed trousers in the 1920's Oxford bags style. Hoping they fit well as I seem to have had tracksuit bottoms stapled to my arse for most of the last few weeks and they are starting to depress me!

Something I have been tracking down. I used to buy my sausages from leeston butchery a 30 min drive from here. He sold the business a year ago. New guy cant make them like last guy
Many years ago, my dad had the same issue. There was a butcher fairly close to home who made the most incredible bangers, and all of a sudden, he closed up. One day ( I was on holiday over there at the time) I said to my dad: "Let's do a sausage run!"
We got in the car and began driving into the Weald of Kent, bought half a pound here, half a pound there, came home with far too many, but found the best of them all, in Appledore, about 24 miles away!

Back
Top Bottom