Plans for today (2024)

Ditto. I was just thinking what to do today, and I opened the fridge door... I think I've got three spring (green) onions and a leek, plus a bunch of parsley.

A little food shopping and such. Tomorrow is MrsT’s birthday (61), and she’s requested schnecken from the German bakery for breakfast, hot wings for her meal, and an applesauce cake for dessert, as I’ve somehow managed to not mess up three cakes in a row.

A little food shopping and such. Tomorrow is MrsT’s birthday (61), and she’s requested schnecken from the German bakery for breakfast, hot wings for her meal, and an applesauce cake for dessert, as I’ve somehow managed to not mess up three cakes in a row.

What are schnecken?

Sorry couldn't resist. LOL

Many years ago, my dad had the same issue. There was a butcher fairly close to home who made the most incredible bangers, and all of a sudden, he closed up. One day ( I was on holiday over there at the time) I said to my dad: "Let's do a sausage run!"
We got in the car and began driving into the Weald of Kent, bought half a pound here, half a pound there, came home with far too many, but found the best of them all, in Appledore, about 24 miles away!

At least I tracked him down.

Russ

More work on my Grand Bazaar box. All the floor pieces are cut. The shelving and rug display stands are cut and glued. The square box stools/tables are assembled. I'm using 3 different stain colors and 2 of them are supposed to be delivered today. Already have a dark stain, the 2 to come are natural and a reddish color.

Going to cut pieces of the sandalwood fans today for tables and assemble them.

No plans really for today, although I've got to correct a couple of essays for a student.
I'm probably going to make some empanadas, to freeze for future breakfasts, and a quiche.
I had planned to do that first thing, but when I looked out of the window, it was cloudy and grey, so I thought " Ok - no sun, so I can tidy up the garden" - which I did.

We had a ride in the sunny afternoon, he wanted to show me a river and nearby ponds, where he used to fish.

Several y ago.

Ponds are enclosed now, seem to be a production site, fenced off.

Some nice scenery nevertheless. Corn fields, patches of woods, plains, old wooden houses, even a wooden church.

When I got hungry, we went to the fast food joint near my place, and he was meanwhile hungry too.

Good meal.

I gotta take my DH to the store to get some rum...he told me a few minutes ago he was going to get in his truck and drive, and I said no. He only has 40% vision in his left eye that he just had surgery on and the right eye is 80%. I don't care if it's only 2 miles away! I need to go another mile further and get some bananas anyway, so...that's about it for my plans for the day.

Back
Top Bottom