Plans for today (2024)

Hadn't planned much for today, except the cleaner. She didn't come, but I got a call from a catering friend who needs to prepare an Indian meal for 70 people - buffet, so it's not complicated.
Off I went in my (now fixed) car right to the other side of the city. We worked our way through the menu, looked at all the ingredients and then, I showed them how to make pooris. This might be an issue because they're best when freshly fried; they deflate once you leave them for 5-10 minutes. the solution might be to half-cook them and then refry when we get to the event. At least 100 of them.
By the time I got back it was about 2pm.
Now I have to think about lunch, but there's plenty in the fridge.

I'm going to have to teach you some maritime jargon.
The skipper is the captain of the boat; when he gives a command, the sailors reply "Aye, aye, skipper"
Aye aye sounds the same as eye, eye.
Geddit?
I grew up on boats (we owned one and my uncle was a riverboat captain) and several family members are now in the coast guard and navy.

My point was that if he's driving (which he will be in 2 weeks), he's the captain of the boat.

My point was that if he's driving (which he will be in 2 weeks), he's the captain of the boat.
You’re overthinking it - you can’t have the wordplay (aye aye/eye eye) without having a skipper in there somewhere, and it wouldn’t make sense for you to say “aye aye,” since your eyes are fine, so he has to say it, and even if he’s driving, maybe you’re just the skipper of the whole thing, especially since he’s still recuperating.

Whew! After all that…how’s the whole thing going?

Back
Top Bottom