Plans for today (2024)

Thank you so much.

In September I was contacted by a company, interviewed online and signed a letter of commitment on my birthday. So today I finally handed in my resignation, giving myself time off to rest, recover my energy and get well organised to then leave for Cork.

A start with a six-month trial and then we'll see. however it goes, I'm already happy as can be 🎉😃☘️
Sounds fabulous.
Cork is a great place.
Very different to where you are now but from the little bits n pieces I've picked up about you from here I don't doubt you'll ace it!

Have you been to Cork before or is this one of those fabulously bold moves where you're just gonna go and see what happens? 💫

Thank you so much.

In September I was contacted by a company, interviewed online and signed a letter of commitment on my birthday. So today I finally handed in my resignation, giving myself time off to rest, recover my energy and get well organised to then leave for Cork.

A start with a six-month trial and then we'll see. however it goes, I'm already happy as can be 🎉😃☘️
We always enjoyed Cork when we travelled to Ireland. There was/is a great vegetarian restaurant (with B&B) that we used to eat at every time we went through. We also have all of his cookbooks.

Sounds fabulous.
Cork is a great place.
Very different to where you are now but from the little bits n pieces I've picked up about you from here I don't doubt you'll ace it!

Have you been to Cork before or is this one of those fabulously bold moves where you're just gonna go and see what happens? 💫
What like we did? Never even been to the Southern hemisphere before moving to Australia unseen ..

Well it wasn't a plan exactly, just a tentative idea, but we went for a walk in the park this afternoon. It's rained here for what seems like weeks and was raining last night even though it wasn't supposed to. So we haven't seen the sun much, and finally it peeped out today so it was quite nice. Really great to get out and get some fresh air and mild exercise.

We always enjoyed Cork when we travelled to Ireland. There was/is a great vegetarian restaurant (with B&B) that we used to eat at every time we went through. We also have all of his cookbooks.

I really liked Cork and I’ve found out is known as the City of Food. I look forward to trying every restaurant of Cork!
Do you remember the name of the vegetarian one you were used to go?

Last edited:
I really liked Cork and I’ve found out is famous as the City of Food. I look forward to trying every restaurant of Cork!
Do you remember the name of the vegetarian one you were used to go?
Of course I do!

Cafe Paradiso, Cork

And it is still going which is great. We first went to in the year 2000!

Sounds fabulous.
Cork is a great place.

Yes Cork is so nice, I enjoyed it very much.
I’ve been visiting Cork in summer this year, however I was in Ireland about 20 years ago for a summer trip and Cork was on our way as places to visit.
After 20 years it is nicer than I remembered.

At my age (51yo) I am no longer comfortable with hanging around and going on adventures.

I enquired, searched, planned and waited for feedback which finally arrived within a short time.

Of course I looked for the basics: restaurants, hairdressers and a beauty center 🤣

One of those “When it rains, it pours” days. ☹️
It was the worst day in memory. I would need a book to describe what I went through the past two days and I will spare you the time reading. After that they didn't do the procedure so it was all a waste. Ah well. Tomorrow is another day.

Back
Top Bottom