Plans for today (2024)

Actually planned the walk we took today in the park! Doing a little more each day, today was 2 miles. I know that might not seem like a lot to some, but we've had so much going on in our lives the past few months and so much rain over the past few weeks that we didn't get to start sooner and I am a little out of shape so didn't want to overdo it. I feel fine with just 2 miles but 5 might have been tough starting out. We leave for Tennessee next Saturday for a week and plan to get some long hikes and trail walks in while there, then a few weeks of beach walking and swimming in Florida.

Last edited:
The only things I had planned for today were all in the morning. Get the spark plugs and cables installed (done by 9.15am), pick up some curry leaves from the Indian Embassy (9.45am), buy some cheese about 2 minutes away from the Embassy (10.15am) and pick up my son from his auntie's house (11am). Home by 11.30am and I've done absolutely nothing today. Hurrah!
I bought some Irish Cheddar, some Stilton, some Port Wine Derby and a French goat cheese Brie. The rest of the day was spent licking my lips as to how I'm going to eat all those goodies.
Stilton with freshly cooked beetroot sounded good, so that was lunch, with a plateful of salad.
Now for the rest...

The only things I had planned for today were all in the morning. Get the spark plugs and cables installed (done by 9.15am), pick up some curry leaves from the Indian Embassy (9.45am), buy some cheese about 2 minutes away from the Embassy (10.15am) and pick up my son from his auntie's house (11am). Home by 11.30am and I've done absolutely nothing today. Hurrah!
I bought some Irish Cheddar, some Stilton, some Port Wine Derby and a French goat cheese Brie. The rest of the day was spent licking my lips as to how I'm going to eat all those goodies.
Stilton with freshly cooked beetroot sounded good, so that was lunch, with a plateful of salad.
Now for the rest...

Freshly cooked beetroot and Stilton yuuuummmm.

Right now, sitting on a work call, have been since 7AM, and it’s not showing signs of ending any time soon. Ahhhh…release weekend…

Once this does wrap up, out for the usual Saturday jaunt for groceries. I need a few things for my last two onion delights. :okay:

I don’t believe you live in the UK and have managed to not have avocado? How is that possible?
They are everywhere and stuck on or in all sorts of things?
To be honest I've always seen them as a middle-class food item and I'm definitely more of a working-class person! LOL

Am I missing out then - what do they taste like and are they worth the hype?

To be honest I've always seen them as a middle-class food item and I'm definitely more of a working-class person! LOL

Ah the class thing, fair enough. Would you like some griddled halloumi or asparagus with your kale quinoa? 😂

Honestly I wouldn’t limit your life experiences based on class perceptions.

Life’s hard enough without caging yourself based on others opinions of what class you are and how you should live.
Try everything, if the people with money are eating it, it’s usually because it’s good and why shouldn’t you have some of the good stuff too?

Mind you I totally get you might not want your mates catching you waxing lyrical about the fabulous Shakshuka had for breakfast 😂

If you haven’t had avocado before I suspect you will be disappointed. They are a fatty textured fruit that carries other flavours really well. They have a creamy texture and vary in flavour depending on ripeness. They can be buttery and nutty or bitter n waxy.
If you’re going to try it, it needs to have stuff done to it to shine.
You’ll never see people eating just avocado like they do other fruits because they can’t stand up on their own but they can make other things taste really good.

Maybe a basic avocado on toast at a cafe for breakfast would be the best place to start.

Last edited:

Don't think you are really missing out personally. If perfectly ripe then they are OK. Over-hyped if you ask me. We recently had a forum recipe challenge for avocado which I seem to have won with this strange but striking looking concoction: Recipe - Avocado and tomato quiche (made with avocado pastry)

If you read on in that thread you will see what I really thought of it.

LOL :laugh:

The ones I make don't involve any cocktail shakers! To be truly a retro 1980s dish, you need a wine glass to serve it in but I'm not a wine drinker so I will make one in a ramekin size bowl instead.
One thing you'll find out about TastyReuben is how he strongly dislikes most seafood, except for fish n chips and tinned tuna!

Back
Top Bottom