Plans for today (2024)

that way when we finish at 1 tomorrow we can put the car away and relax...
I love that. The older I get, the more I really appreciate not having anything much to do, and just puttering around the house and staying put.

MrsT is leaving Sunday, and not returning until Thursday, so I’ve taken Monday off, just for that purpose - a day of low expectations.

Of course, in my mind, looking forward to half-Sunday and all of Monday on my own, my brain has done this:

“Oh boy! A day-and-a-half to myself! It’ll be so relaxing! I can have a cooked breakfast…and bake some bread…and make a couscous challenge…and go on a single long walk instead of three short ones…and make pizza…and watch three Italian gialli movies back-to-back…and play my guitar uninterrupted…and drink loads of tea…and surf the entire internet…and take a 19-hour nap…and…”

Oh boy! A day-and-a-half to myself! It’ll be so relaxing! I can have a cooked breakfast…and bake some bread…and make a couscous challenge…and go on a single long walk instead of three short ones…and make pizza…and watch three Italian gialli movies back-to-back…and play my guitar uninterrupted…and drink loads of tea…and surf the entire internet…and take a 19-hour nap…and…”
....and then you get up, decide it's better to go to the Madeira Café for breakfast, and the day just sort of dissolves in front of your eyes:laugh::laugh:

I got back from Cinci last night at 11pm. 2 suitcases and a carry-on. I immediately started unpacking because there were some food items inside (like, 15 kgs...) and I thought I'd better get them out just in case.
Then for some totally insane reason, my brain switched to Dog-between-4-trees mode. Take the foodstuffs into the kitchen. Take out all the shoes. Oh, hang on, let me remove the vacuum sealer. Ah where am I going to put the bags? Erm.. let me just unpack the laptop. Wow, there are loads of bits and pieces in that bag, right!! Go find a cold beer! I'm just going to put all those new shirts on the shelf..ermmm. OHH! The cheese needs to go in the fridge. Done! Errrm... let me take the labels off the suitcases...
And by 12.40am, I had stuff spread all over the place, a total disaster.
Time for bed

I got back from Cinci last night at 11pm. 2 suitcases and a carry-on. I immediately started unpacking because there were some food items inside (like, 15 kgs...) and I thought I'd better get them out just in case.
Then for some totally insane reason, my brain switched to Dog-between-4-trees mode. Take the foodstuffs into the kitchen. Take out all the shoes. Oh, hang on, let me remove the vacuum sealer. Ah where am I going to put the bags? Erm.. let me just unpack the laptop. Wow, there are loads of bits and pieces in that bag, right!! Go find a cold beer! I'm just going to put all those new shirts on the shelf..ermmm. OHH! The cheese needs to go in the fridge. Done! Errrm... let me take the labels off the suitcases...
And by 12.40am, I had stuff spread all over the place, a total disaster.
Time for bed

Unpacking is worse than packing :o_o:

Going to fish monger soon to get blue cod for tomorrow night. 4 friends coming for dinner Tomorrow. Will cost about $50.
Wifes bestie is coming because shes going 10 week trip to Europe. We will tell them good spots we found.

Russ

Oh btw denny will bring a good bottle of red for me. Cheryl will bring homemade cheesecake.
We will have blue cod chips and salad.
Chips home made twice fried.
This is a quick meal so we can play euchre.

Russ
I'm guessing the blue cod is not in chips...

Back
Top Bottom