Plans for today (2024)

No blue cod is separate..cost me $65 plus I brought oysters from bluff as entree @ $46 doz.
My wife said that's a lot of money. I replied our friends are worth it.

Russ
Yes I was just joking. I'm envious and I'm happy you got to eat it, so delicious I'm sure...and I have not had oysters in far too long! Wife's worth it too yeah, tell her so? You do spoil her nicely.

The forecast is hot and sunny and joy of joys the butchers opens at 6.30am! So ribs have even procured for smoked ribs and I’m making tzatziki potatoes (new recipe to me) as a nod in the direction of BBQing but without the hard work because I’m still so knackered!!

Have the ‘Ninja Woodfire’ set up ready to go just outside the back door hopefully that’ll keep all the heat away.
Got a lot of sandwich meat to slice up (4 kilos) but the meat slicer should make fast work of that and that will hopefully keep the gannets satisfied for oooh maybe a week 😆

The ‘grass’ parasols have been fetched from the yard and the rainbow tablecloth is ready to go so just a little bit of cocktail business to sort and I’m good to go.

One other essential job though - I have to get a coat of lacquer on the boys dining table, that thing has been the bane of my life since last august and I want it gone, I have plans for a Cinema room where it’s currently lurking 🎬 🍿 🥤 🎥 🤞

Colouring my hair (dying?) was a must. Had been postponing it to the return of our hot water, as it needs two solid rinses. I do it myself at home. Every 4 to 5 weeks or so.

At home, it is around 7 euros plus the time and effort. At the salon, 42 euros. In May I did the salon option, just to unify the many shades visible. But no more.

Then, the water came, on Jul 11th, as promised, but it was scorching out, and I kept washing my sweaty hair every day.

Colouring is to be done, so they say, on the 2nd day after washing. Today.

For the last 2 or 3 years I've loved all shades of red. Today the nuance is 'warm copper'.

Have no desire to fan blow dry my hair, so no new pic yet.

This pic dates May 2024. Darker Burgundy shade. Prevailing, among the others at least.

20240528_192028.jpg

Cake and wine for breakfast?
Count me in 😆
No Madeira Cafe for you on your visit!

Don’t despair, though…there’s a place a little further down the road I can take you all, called the Hangover Easy Cafe - I’ll let you guess from the name the sorts of things you can have with your biscuits and gravy… 🍺 🍳 🍷 🥓 🍸 🥞 🥂

No Madeira Cafe for you on your visit!

Don’t despair, though…there’s a place a little further down the road I can take you all, called the Hangover Easy Cafe - I’ll let you guess from the name the sorts of things you can have with your biscuits and gravy… 🍺 🍳 🍷 🥓 🍸 🥞 🥂
I'm crashing that party!

I'm crashing that party!
What’s really funny is, the menu has recommendations, like a fine dining restaurant might do, for what libation to have with each breakfast, but it’s just a hole-in-the-wall diner that happens to have a full bar. There’s one in Columbus, too (I think).

Colouring my hair (dying?) was a must. Had been postponing it to the return of our hot water, as it needs two solid rinses. I do it myself at home. Every 4 to 5 weeks or so.

At home, it is around 7 euros plus the time and effort. At the salon, 42 euros. In May I did the salon option, just to unify the many shades visible. But no more.

Then, the water came, on Jul 11th, as promised, but it was scorching out, and I kept washing my sweaty hair every day.

Colouring is to be done, so they say, on the 2nd day after washing. Today.

For the last 2 or 3 years I've loved all shades of red. Today the nuance is 'warm copper'.

Have no desire to fan blow dry my hair, so no new pic yet.

This pic dates May 2024. Darker Burgundy shade. Prevailing, among the others at least.

View attachment 116242

Mod Note
Replies to this thread that were not related to plans for today have been moved to The Way We Were, along with a copy of this post so that it makes sense. Please post replies in that thread if they are not regarding plans for today.

Last edited:
Wonderfully refreshing day with 22c, after a stormy and rainy night. Overcast now, wind is picking up, expected showers soon.

Spent the morning out and about. No sweat, no hat, absolutely enjoyable.

Going home to cook.

Off to work, then attending another party. Second of three this weekend. Ugh! Winona and I agreed this past winter that we needed to get out more. I don't know what we were thinking. I just want to stay home and work around the yard, pull some weeds, cook out, and drink a couple of beer. Instead I'll be driving to our bass players farm that even the GPS doesn't know how to get there

Plans for tomorrow?

Study.

Hubby is on cooking duty. One break is a written recipe that I usually amend as I go.... the other is a name it up as I go along recipe which I need to try to convey to him.

The weather isn't due to be much warmer than today and with current temperatures even chopping wood don't keep hubby warm for long.

The chooks have taken to hiding on the veranda by the front door standing on the waterproof carpet mat we have there. They're not daft, why stand on cold concrete or wet soil when they can have a dry carpet? Lol

Back
Top Bottom